Chapter 18: All-Star Team Up

(Barry's POV)

A young woman died. Her name was Lindsay Kang, an engineering professor at Hudson University. I am at the crime scene, checking her body to see that her body is covered in puncture wounds. I heard someone walk over to me and looked up to see Eddie and Joe.  We told Eddie about me being The Flash, so he could help us with Dr.Wells, or if that's his real name.  

Barry: "So, her whole body is covered in these puncture wounds. You see it on her face. Bite marks maybe. Whatever it was, she must have gone into anaphylaxis."

They looked at me shocked.

Joe: "Damn."

Barry: "Yeah. The blood sample should tell us everything we need to know. I'll run tests back at my lab."

Joe looked at me confused, and I knew he thought I would take the blood sample back to S.T.A.R. Labs, but I couldn't go back there if Dr.Wells was there. Especially my daughter. Who knows what Dr.Wells fed into her head? He probably lied to her that I didn't love her, which isn't true at all.

Joe: "They can do it faster at S.T.A.R. Labs.'

Barry: "Well, yeah, but I mean, it's just..."

Joe: "It's just what?"

Barry: "It's kind of weird being there right now."

Joe: "Barry, you know we have to play too cool with Wells. If he finds out we suspect him-"

I sighed and nodded my head. If he finds out we suspect him, there is no way to know what he will do. 

Barry: "I know. I get it. I just think we should tell Cisco, Caitlin, and Alex. They could help us."

Joe looked at me shocked. He shook his head, and I looked at him confused. I mean, I get we shouldn't probably tell Alex, she'll believe Dr.Wells over us. But Cisco and Caitlin...they might believe us.

Joe: "The more people who know, the more chance Wells is gonna find out we're onto him. I mean, what if one of them slips up? Or panics? Or what if..."

He paused and looked shocked. What is it? What's wrong?

Barry: "What?"

Joe: "What if they're not on our side?"

I looked at him shocked that he would think that. That they were on the Man in Yellow's side. I mean, Alex probably, because he's the one that adopted her, saved her from CPS. He also managed to tell her about me being her father, he used that against me. He is basically showering her with love and affection. I know it's bad to think and say this. But Alex is basically touch-deprived and just deprived of love and affection, that anyone who shows it to her. She would latch onto them. So she'll definitely believe him over us. She trusts him. Cisco and Caitlin, no not them. I don't even WANT to think about them being on his side. Especially Caitlin!

Barry: "No, absolutely not. They're not involved in whatever he's planning. Alex...probably. She's basically deprived of love and affection to the point that if anyone shows it to her, she'll latch onto them. Dr.Wells saw this and used it to his advantage. Alex would most defiantly trust him over us in a heartbeat. But not Cisco and Caitlin. I don't even want to think about Caitlin being on his side."

Joe: "I mean, Wells is their boss, their mentor. They're been with him for a long time. I've seen plenty of people make the wrong choice for loyalty. Please do not include them until we can be sure."

I sighed and nodded my head, understanding what he was talking about. If we are wrong about this, that Dr.Wells isn't the Reverse Flash, and isn't working with him, then Cisco, Caitlin, and Alex will be upset with us, especially me, for accusing their boss of killing my mother. I would lose any trust they had in me, and that would hurt me. For one, losing my friends...and two, for losing Caitlin. I can't imagine the feeling I would feel if she hated me.