Chapter 14: The Nuclear Man

Edited: 3/31/2024

(Alex's POV)

I was at Jitters when I saw Barry, Caitlin, and Cisco. They were up on the balcony, so I decided to go up there and sit with them...okay, mainly sit with Caitlin and Cisco. I packed up my things and headed up, to hear Barry talk about something.

Barry: "Oh, god, it was so cool. She was so cool. We're going on another date tonight."

I looked at him shocked and confused. I looked over at Caitlin and could tell she was jealous, but she still smiled at him. See, she's different than Iris. Iris would make her jealousy known, and use the "I just don't think she's right for you." excuse that someone she likes will break up with their girlfriend or boyfriend. Caitlin on the other hand...she'll just be happy for you and move on.

Caitlin: "Tonight? Really?"

Cisco: "Aren't you worried about moving too fast?"

I looked at Cisco confused. Is he talking about Barry's relationship...or his super speed?

Barry: "No. What do you mean?"

Alex: "Yeah, it's just a second date."

Cisco: "No, no, no, no. I meant going too fast, hurrying."

We looked at him confused, because now...he just made no damn sense. What is he talking about?

Cisco: "Look, I mean, you're fast, but there's fast, and then there's fast."

Okay, he's making even LESS sense than before! He looked over at Caitlin.

Cisco: "Am I being subtle enough?"

Caitlin: "You're not."

I nodded my head, not understanding what he was trying to tell Barry.

Caitlin: "Cisco's right. With your increased blood flow and increased heart rate, theoretically, your speed could cause you to-"

Cisco: "You're gonna need to think about a lot of dead puppies. Like we're talking a whole kennel and baseball. Cold showers. You know what? Nuns."

I looked at him shocked and confused. Is he trying to tell Barry that he can't have kids? Because that's funny...you know...I am his biological daughter after all. Am I going to be his only child? That's sad actually.

Barry: "It is just a second date."

I nodded my head. It's not like they're gonna have sex on the second date.

Iris: "A second date? With who?"

I looked over to see Iris. Oh, this is gonna be good! The girl that likes Barry, around the girl that also likes Barry, with Barry talking about a date! I looked over at Barry to see that his heart was racing. But not because Iris showed up...it looks like it's out of...fear. Why the hell is he scared of Iris?

Barry: "Uh, with Linda Park. The sports reporter."

I looked at Iris, to see her almost freeze. Oh, right, she works with Linda now. Just then Cisco's phone went off, and he answered it. 

Iris: "That's great. Linda seems great and you're great, so...great."

I could tell she was having a hard time accepting the fact that Barry was going on a second date with someone who wasn't her. Oh...maybe that's why Barry's scared. He's scared that Iris will do the same thing she did with my mother! I don't blame him then.

Cisco: "Hey, I gotta go. I gotta help out a friend."

We looked at him confused. He has more friends than us.