SB1

Nasiem Fareed

12:34 pm - December 21st 2017

Nasiem stuffed his hands into his pocket as he stood in front of the wooden door, awaiting entry. The cold wind slapped against his body, which nipped at his patience. He kissed his teeth and raised his hand again, just when he was about to vigorously pound against the door it flew open.

There stood Kimora, a smile stretched across her face as she eyed Nasiem in disbelief. "You got a nigga out here freezing his ass off." Nasiem spoke as he pulled her into a hug. A sense of comfort rushed his body as the scent of cocoa butter hit his nose, Kim's signature scent. She always smelt like chocolate and vanilla. "When'd you get back to Dallas?" Kimora questioned from behind him as she kept her arms wrapped around his body.

"This morning." Nasiem answered. Currently, he was attending the university of Houston as a biology major. Meaning he left his hometown of Dallas and would ever so often pop up when he had the chance. He didn't come back home for thanksgiving, so he knew his loved ones would be elated to see him for Christmas.

Kimora pulled away from the hug and brought her hands up to Nas' face, he moved in for a kiss but Kimora sassily made her face up. "What?" Nas questioned.

"I don't know where your lips been while you up there Houston." Kimora spoke as she folded her arms across her chest, causing Nas to kiss his teeth. He pulled her by her tank top and smashed his lips into hers, pulling them into a full blown kiss. Momentarily, Kimora pulled away and looked up at him with a devilish smirk.

"Yo mama home?" He questioned, Kimora shook her head no as she stepped aside to let him in. Just as Nas could remember, the house was always spotless. Much hadn't changed since the last time he was there either. He was still creeped out by the large portrait of her mother that was hung in the stairwell. He always felt as if the eyes followed him while he was on the way up.

Kimora's room looked different though. She no longer had a gray diamond studded headboard, instead she had nude velvet headboard along with the matching dresser. A blush pink comforter set covered the mattress, along with a million pillows. "So what you been doing?" Nas questioned as he pulled the pre roll out of the pocket of his thrasher hoodie. When he left for UofH, Kimora stayed back in Dallas to attend UNT, in hopes of becoming a dermatologist once she attained the proper degrees.

"Working—I dropped out of school." Kimora announced, resulting in Nas furrowing his thick eyebrows together. The news genuinely shocked him, Kimora was known for being studious and making exemplary grades. The whole reason she stayed in Dallas was because of the plethora scholarships she received from UNT.

"And you can save the speech, I already hear it from my mama everyday." Kimora slightly rolled her eyes as she got up from the bed, and walked over to her dresser. Shortly, she came back to the bed with a pink lighter in her hand. She grabbed the pre roll from Nas' hand and brought it up to the flame, burning the end. She took a drag before passing it to Nas.

"Why you drop out Kim?" Nas questioned, feeling like he couldn't focus on anything else. "Because!" Kimora hastily exclaimed, causing Nas to scrunch his face up. Taken back by the sudden attitude.

"Come on Kim, you know we don't even do that—chillout, foreal." Nas replied. Kimora lightly sighed as she toyed with her fingers, while looking down at the comforter. "I know...my bad." She finally replied. Nas noticed a tear falling from her eye, he used his free hand to gently wipe it away, keeping his hand cupped on her face.

"It was stressing me out—the pressure of not wanting to lose my scholarships. Balancing school and work, being so stressed that I could barely pay attention in class. Then stressing about being stressed." Kimora explained. Nas pulled her into a hug where he rubbed small circles on her back.