SB37

Dakota Smith

12:07 pm - February 18th 2024

Dakota pressed her phone up to her ear, calling Nas for what felt like the millionth time. Even with no answer, she continued to call hoping for a different outcome each time. Nas was upset about what he heard over the phone, but hadn't attempted to hear Dakota's reasoning. He wasn't replying to texts or calls, which had Dakota feeling even worse. It was never in her intentions to come across as talking bad about Demi. She hated that they made all this progress just for something like this to happen. "Yeah." Nas' voice came through the phone, surprising Dakota.

"A-are you c-coming to work?" Dakota stumbled over her words. She wasn't banking on him actually answering the phone, so she didn't really have anything planned to say, which lead her to randomly come up with something. "I'm good." Nas answered, causing Dakota to sigh as she shifted her weight to one leg.

"Why you ain't been answering the phone?" Dakota questioned. Cutting the small talk, as it was obvious that it wasn't taking them anywhere. "I ain't got nothing to say, Dakota. You sat there dry talking bout my kid—that shit weird." Nas replied.

"I wasn't talking about her." Dakota argued. Nas knew that Demi was prone to whining, it was no secret. "Then you sat there and let yo' hoe ass friend talk about my kid—that shit deadass wrong, Dakota. I want you to be my wife, and you can't even defend my daughter?" Nas replied.

"I don't give a fuck how much anybody love me—if you don't love my daughter, I can't do it. I don't need nobody playing in her face acting like they like her but don't." He added, Dakota's screwed her face up at what Nas said. "Acting like I like her? I do like her, Nas. And I'd never do anything to hurt her." She replied.

"So why the fuck you ain't correct yo' friend?" Nas asked, causing Dakota to sigh. During that time, she didn't give Paris calling Demi a gremlin much thought. That's how they played, they jokingly threw words around that were meant as jokes only. "I'm sorry, baby. There wasn't any ill intent behind the conversation. I love Demi and the bond we're building." Dakota spoke before a silence came over them.

"So, you not coming to work?" Dakota questioned, breaking the silence between them. "I told you I'm good." Nas answered before hanging up in Dakota's face, 3 beeps sounded before the call officially ended. She rapidly blinked her eyes as she processed what just happened. Dakota sniffled as she sat her phone on the glass showcase and walked to the back. She immediately wiped her eyes after a few tears snuck their way down her face.

Dakota grabbed a few pieces of tissue to wipe her eyes free of the cluster of tears that fell after the first round. Nas hardly ever got upset with her, so the pique in his voice triggered a few emotions for Dakota. It was crazy to think that she was now in the same boat as Kimora—receiving a very cold side of him.

The sound of the door's motion alarm going off made Dakota quickly get herself together. She wiped both her eyes and nose once more before pushing herself back on the sales floor. Thankfully, it was her mother. Dakota really wasn't in the mood to put on a fake customer service act while dealing with her emotions. "Hey, baby." Amethyst greeted while opening her arms for a hug. "Hey." Dakota greeted back while in her mother's embrace.

Dakota said she didn't want to put on a customer service act, but she was still putting on a front for her mother, acting as if she was okay. She felt like her mother was dealing with something way bigger, and didn't need to be wrapped up in her relationship mess. "I need some flowers." Amethyst announced. In true Amethyst fashion, she was still getting dressed up to the nines, despite what was going on. Her hair and nails were both freshly done. She wore a Wolford long sleeve body suit with a pair of coated jeans. On her feet were Chanel rain boots, to combat with todays gloomy and wet weather.