SB54

Dakota Smith

8:51 am - July 16th 2024

It seemed as if everyone else in the world had plans to visit the Virgin Islands. Only difference was they made their plans way before Dakota and Nas. After days of searching and calling, Dakota came to terms with the fact that everywhere they could've possibly stayed was booked up. Villas and Airbnbs were no luck, as they were already occupied for the rest of the year.

A sigh fell from between Dakota's lips as she closed her laptop and sat it to the side. In one swift motion she grabbed her phone from the charger and went to her call log. Of course, Nas was at the top of the list, which is exactly who she planned to call. She hit his contact name and pressed the phone up to her ear. After three rings, his voice traveled through the speaker, sending a tingle through Dakota's heart.

"All the villas and bnbs are booked up—I tried all three of the islands, and got the same result." Dakota announced before blew out a frustrated breath from her mouth. She hated running into road blocks when she was determined. "Ight, that's fine. Don't stress about it, baby. We can just go back to the lake house instead." Nas calmly replied.

"Imma send you the link to book it for us." He added. Dakota nodded her head as if he could see her. "Alright." She replied while tightening the string to her satin robe, then heading into her bathroom. She hovered her hand over her flat iron to see if it was hot enough. After feeling a stream of heat, she grabbed the styling tool and started goin over her brand new half up half down style that she was sporting.

"Where you finna go?" Nas questioned once the regular call turned into a FaceTime. "To do a walkthrough of the townhouse." Dakota answered.

"You got it?" He wondered. Dakota went silent for a second as all of her focus shifted to perfectly lay her baby hair. With a bit of foam and a swooping motion, she was successful at perfecting the first side. "Dakota." Nas called out, due to Dakota's lack of response.

"Yeah, I got it, but I told them I'm not signing anything until I walk through and inspect it." Dakota finally answered while moving to the other side of her head. She was feeling a bit pretentious after doing the first side perfectly. "What you doing today?" She quizzed.

"Tattoos—I'm heading to the shop now." He answered, Dakota furrowed her eyebrows together. "Girly with you?" She asked.

"Yeah. We had fun yesterday, so hopefully she ain't too mad 'bout being up here all day." He replied. "I'll come get her, so she won't have to." Dakota announced, stepping out of the bathroom and back into her bedroom. She untied her satin robe and let it fall to the floor before grabbing her denim shorts and stepping into them leg by leg.

"Preciate it, baby." Nas spoke. After Dakota slipped back on her shirt she appeared back into the camera. "Demi sleep?" Dakota lightly chuckled at the sight of Demi knocked out in the backseat with a death grip the donut hole that was locked in her tiny hand.

"Yeah." Nas chuckled after he briefly looked back at his sleeping daughter. "Knocked out and still won't let that donut go." He added, causing Dakota to smile. She never got baby fever until she met Demi. Dakota didn't want to rush Nas, but them becoming one and adding to their family was on her mind a lot as of recently. Though her desires were strong, her boundary was still standing even stronger.

"I'm excited for the lake house." Dakota enthusiastically announced. She'd been longing to go back since the staycation her and Nas had a couple months prior. "Me too. The peace be feeling like a whole different world. I know you was looked forward to the tropics too, but—we'll plan better in a couple months and go, maybe for the holidays." Nas replied.