SB59

Get comfortable, this is the longest chapter yet!

Dakota Smith

2:51 pm - December 15th 2024

Dakota was officially moved out of her townhouse and into a brand new high rise that she was sharing with her fiancée. The couple decided on a high rise, with the plan on venturing to a home after the wedding process was over and they began to expand their family.

Dakota kept all of her furniture at the townhouse, and they transferred all of Nas' furniture to the new high rise for them to use. Dakota didn't mind, being that she chose all of it. The new space was already feeling like home, thanks to their Christmas tree was fully decorated and stationed in the living room. The green three was beautifully decorated with gold ornaments, meshing well their interior design.

Dakota sat not too far away from the beautiful tree, wrapping a few of the items she purchased today. As of late, she fell in love with Destiny Child's Christmas album all over again, so of course it was background music as she neatly wrapped the gifts with the custom gold wrapping paper that she ordered. Custom wrapping paper was something she adapted from her mom, as well as changing the theme every year. Dakota took a double take at the tree, noticing there was a small wrapped box underneath.

After placing one last strip of tape on what she was currently wrapping, she crawled over to the tree and grabbed the box. Surprised that the gift tag had her name on it. Dakota didn't request anything for Christmas, so she wasn't sure what this could be. She shook the box to get an idea, but was still confused. The sound of the front door opening innately made her look in that direction. In walked Nas, acting as if he was shooting a ball and dunking it as he stepped over the threshold. "You peekin' under the tree?" Nas questioned as he stepped out of his shoes and neatly pushed them by the door.

"Yeah...I told you I didn't have anything on my list." Dakota replied, pushing the gift back under the tree along with the two she just wrapped. Nas placed a dulcet kiss on her forehead before sitting on the couch. "I know—I just love to see you happy and I know that you gon' be when you see what it is." Nas spoke, causing Dakota to smile.

"Can I get a hint?" Dakota quizzed, getting up from the floor and heading over to the kitchen to grab her purse from the island. "That was the hint." He replied, making Dakota kiss her teeth. Nas was super traditional when it came to Christmas. Dakota knew it was his way of satisfying his inner child, which made it even more precious to her.

"You ready?" Dakota questioned, dragging her lipgloss wand across her lips while looking in the mirror that was by their front door. The couple had plans to head to the mall for the gifts Dakota wanted to get her staff. "Yeah." Nas answered as he stood up and stretched high enough to expose the band of his boxers.

The tickle in her nose made her cover her mouth just in time before she sneezed loud enough to send a sound into the air. "Bless me." Dakota voiced before sniffling.

"Bless you, baby." Nas voiced while looking at her, Dakota furrowed her eyebrows together before chuckling. "Yes?" She questioned, walking out of the door that he opened for her.

"Sniffling and sneezing—you sick." Nas announced. Dakota jokingly kissed her teeth and waved him off. "I don't feel sick..I always have the sniffles." Dakota replied while watching him lock the door.

"If you start feeling weird, let me know so I can get you something." Nas voiced, causing Dakota to look up at him. "Why we ain't get no gifts when I worked there?" Nas jestingly raised his eyebrow, making Dakota laugh. She was happy to see him in a better mood than he'd been in as of late, it was evident that his run in with his mother was weighing heavy on him, despite him claiming that it wasn't.