SB56

Dakota Smith 

7:45pm - September 8th 2024

"You think it's ready now?" Nas questioned as he looked over at Dakota. The couple was currently sitting in Nas' car, waiting on the seafood that they ordered for dinner to be ready for pickup. "Yeah...go see." Dakota instructed while bringing her knee to her chest. They'd been waiting so long, she took it upon herself to get comfortable by slipping off her shoes. Nas unfastened his seatbelt and hopped out the car, traveling into the seafood restaurant. Dakota grabbed what she believed was her phone, only to realize that it was Nas'. The picture of Demi on the lock screen was a big giveaway.

Dakota's eyes traveled to the message notification at the bottom of the screen. Nas didn't have it where his messages were concealed until the phone was unlocked, giving Dakota easy access to see what was said.

💎
I need to see you

Dakota furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion as she read the message over and over. After doing so, she came to the conclusion that a girl named Diamond was asking to see him. Dakota's heart race increased as she contemplated looking through the rest of the messages. As bad as she wanted to, there was something in her gut telling her not to. She sat the phone back into the cup holder and grabbed hers in place of it.

Momentarily, Nas walked out the doors of the restaurant with their food in his hand. He traveled to the passenger side and opened Dakota's door before handing her the food, sitting it under her legs on the floor. Once he made it over to his side, he hopped in and locked the doors behind him. "Demi woulda been so happy bout these crab legs if she was with us." Dakota lightly chuckled, causing Nas to do the same.

"When she coming over?" Dakota questioned, looking over at Nas. His hair was grown out a bit, as it was time for him to get a haircut. Nas refused, claiming that he was wolfing and would eventually head to the barbershop when he was ready. Dakota didn't mind, he still looked good with his grown out tresses. He was still actively trimming up his beard, which honestly tied the look together.

"She going with Kimora mama this weekend, so definitely next weekend." Nas replied, saddening Dakota a bit. She was missing Demi being with them during the week, spending time with her all day and then eating dinner together as a family. "I miss my girly baby." Dakota announced, calling Demi by the playful sobriquet that she gave her. She was still facing a serious case of baby fever, which seemed to worsen when she was ovulating.

Dakota's attention went to Nas as she caught a glimpse of him grabbing his phone, and replying to the rest from the corner of her eye. Once he finished typing, he locked his phone prior to sitting it back in the cup holder. Dakota ran her tongue over her top row of teeth, seconds before looking out the window. Dakota trusted Nas, but the weird behavior from him lately didn't help this situation at all. If you trust him, then you wouldn't let this rack your brain. Dakota thought to herself, causing her to subtly nod her head in agreement with her inner monologue.

"You'd still love me if I grew my hair out even longer and got braids?" Nas randomly questioned, Dakota widened her eyes before laughing. Truthfully, she couldn't imagine him with braids, his fade worked for him. "It would be different, but of course I'd still love you." Dakota replied.

"I know you'd still love me—I guess I'm trynna ask if you'd be mad or something." Nas spoke, Dakota shook her head no. "I don't own you or your looks, baby. You love me when my lace lifting, so I can't complain about braids." She chuckled.

"It was a brief thought since my shit growing so fast, but I know I'm too tender headed." Nas replied. Once they stopped at a red light, he turned her head toward him by holding her chin before placing a kiss on her lips. While he might've intended for the kiss just to be a peck, Dakota's hormones weren't going for that. The kiss quickly became passionate, as their lips locked, sending a smacking noise into the air.