SB36

Dakota Smith

9:51 am - February 12th 2024

"You got my location?" Paris questioned, causing Dakota to furrow her eyebrows together as she chuckled. "Yeah—what's going on?" Dakota questioned back. She was currently sitting in the Chick-fil-A drive through, hoping the long line in front of her didn't make her miss breakfast.

"Chanson flying me out...I need you to know my whereabouts the whole time, just in case." Paris explained, Dakota's eyes widened as she was happy to hear that they hit it off well enough for him to fly her out.

"Fly you out where?" Dakota quizzed while slightly moving up in the line, giving her hope that she'd get her 4 count chicken minis this morning. "California." Paris answered, Dakota nodded her head in approval.

"Okay okay...y'all must've really hit it off, huh?" Dakota smiled as if her friend could see her. "I guess you can say that...he's really sweet, all his lyrics aside." Paris answered.

"You fuckin or no?" Dakota bluntly answered. The girls were very Frank with each other, nothing was too personal after a decade of friendship. "Bitch—absolutely not. Let's put lyrics back into the equation, it's plenty of bitches that's giving it up with no questions asked." Paris replied. Dakota lightly chuckled. His lyrics were very risqué, even the interlude she did for him followed his brand very well.

"Fuckin' on the first night work in everybody favor."  Paris added, causing them to share a laugh. "You right—if anything ever happened between me and Nas and I was single again, I definitely wouldn't fuck nobody else on the first night." Dakota honestly replied. She often thought about how terribly wrong things could've went, but she was elated that they didn't.

"This him calling me right now—hold on." Paris announced, causing Dakota's mouth to fall ajar. "Not the roles reversed." She joked, causing them laugh in unison. They said their quick goodbyes before officially ending the call.

Nasiem Fareed

11:34 am - February 12th 2024

It was a long time coming, but the day was finally here. Even after a small delay, Nas was finally getting off probation today, making him 100% free. He'd be able to indulge in alcohol if he wanted to, and possibly even smoke weed. Two things he hadn't done in five years. Nas often wondered if they were still his speed, after being prohibited from them for so long, he probably didn't even like them anymore. He felt like he'd really like wine, he was more of a tequila man post lock up, but after watching Dakota drink the finest of wine, he felt like he would take a liking to it as well.

Nas arrived at the probation office baring gifts. Since this was his last time seeing his PO, he wanted to leave off on a sweet note. The gift of choice was a gift basket, with things Nas felt like she would like. Starbucks gift card and cup, fuzzy socks, and pack of press on nails to name a few.

Nas used his free hand to knock on the open door of his probation officer's office. It hit him that this was his last time stepping into the building as a parolee. The strong aroma of coffee let Nas know that the Starbucks gifts were good picks. "Wassup, Mrs. Williams." Nas greeted, calling her by her new last name. She was newly married as of a couple weeks ago, and was overjoyed to be called by her new last name. "Hey, Nasiem." She greeted back with a smile on her face.

"I brought you a lil' something." Nas announced while sitting the basket on her desk. "I see—thank you so much, none of my Parolees have ever gifted me." Mrs. Williams replied, looking inside of the clear plastic wrapped basket.

"I know the post parole life is gonna be amazing for you—you're an amazing young man. You came home and really got things going for yourself." Mrs. Willams voiced, causing a faint smile to dress Nas' face as he nodded his head. "Preciate you, Mrs. W." Nas replied.