SB43

Nasiem Fareed

1:47 pm - March 23rd 2024

"Y'all done turned my old shit into a game room, nigga?" Nas questioned Wham as he followed him into the old bedroom he once resided in. None of the furniture was in there. Instead, there was a collage of 4 TVs on the wall and a row of four recliners, a desktop area, and a mini bar. "Hell yeah. I don't even mind when Sevyn get to doing all that hyena laughing on the phone no more, I just come up here." Wham replied, causing them both to laugh.

"What you do with that other room?" Nas quizzed while sitting down in the butter soft leather recliner. Wham always had a game room, it was just in a different room in the upstairs level of the house. "Sevyn keeping it clear—she want a baby on some right now shit and keep saying that it'll be the baby room." Wham answered while handing his friend a PlayStation controller. Nas jokingly raised both of his eyebrows before laughing.

"You ready for that?" Nas questioned. Despite asking, he knew that his friend wasn't. His current lifestyle wasn't suitable for a newborn. There'd be no more late club nights, smoking in the house, and Sevyn would probably start demanding him to go legit. "I mean." Wham trailed off while stroking his goatee. Nas chuckled, he knew exactly what that meant.

Nas switched his controller to his left hand while he dug in his jacket's pocket for his phone. Once retrieving his phone, a couple things fell out as well, including the missing condom that started the argument that ended his relationship. Just as Nas told Dakota, the condom was in his pocket. He remembered putting it in his pants pocket, but it turned out that it was his jacket. He understood that their issue was way bigger than the condom, it was just infuriating to know that he was telling the truth the whole time.

"Nigga got condoms falling out his pockets and shit." Wham joked, causing Nas to laugh as he reached over to grab the golden square and shove it back into his pocket. "Gone on man." Nas continued to laugh.

"Hold on right quick." Wham instructed before trading his controller for his phone. " I needa make sure this nigga Rock got my piece of cake from his mama." He explained while typing.

Nas briefly chuckled, "What kinda cake?" He asked. The way Wham was going on about the cake had Nas intrigued. "Seven up." Wham answered, causing Nas to slightly make his face up. Soda as an ingredient in cakes were popular in the south. Nas heard about them multiple times, but couldn't wrap his head around a cake that had the taste of soda which is probably why he was never impelled to try one.

"That nigga Rock saved my life the other night." Nas announced while toying with the buttons on the controller. Smoothly, he brushed his thumb back and forth against the right joystick. "When he told that stripper ho you you left because you was sick?" Wham questioned. Nas furrowed his eyebrows together before laughing.

"Nigga...what?" He continued to laugh. Eager to know, as this was his first time hearing about it. "After you left, the stripper that was on stage came looking for you, and Rock told her you was sick." Wham explained.

"Naw, I'm talkin' bout really saved my life, like if he ain't come back to the shop I woulda been dead type shit." Nas elucidated. Each time he thought about what happened, he found himself thanking God for the breath he was breathing at that very moment. "What the fuck happened?" Wham questioned with a look of solicitude adorning his face.

"This hoe dry set me up, acting like she was getting a tattoo—then had two niggas run in my shit and point guns at me. It's crazy cause Rock just so happened to leave his phone and came back while them niggas was still trynna get me to run my pockets. He shot one of them and the other one left." Nas recollected the story, sending a chill down his spine that mirrored the same coldness of the barrels that were simultaneously pressed against his forehead.