SB60

Dakota Fareed

10:04 am - March 7th 2025

"What about a ceremony in place of the wedding—or at least a party to celebrate?" Amethyst questioned. Dakota deftly sighed while looking through the window at the view that their high rise gave them. Cars packed the road, moving at an average pace in unison, oddly relaxing Dakota. "I don't want it—especially with your husband acting the way he's acting." She replied while adjusting herself on the sofa, tucking her legs to the side of her body.

"Why is he so comfortable with not speaking to his kids whenever they make their own choices?" Dakota fussed. The sound of slight whimpers grabbed her attention, urging her to look down. Rover sat by her feet, eager for her attention. It seemed as if the dog was gravitating toward Dakota more than Nas and Demi these days. Rover always wanted to be on her lap, or simply just sitting beside her. Whenever she traveled to in the house, Rover wasn't too far behind.

"I get where both of y'all are coming from. You are his only daughter, and walking you down the aisle would've been a beautiful memory for the both of you. But on the other hand, you and Nas are both happy with the decision, which is all that really matters." Amethyst attempted to reason. Dakota toyed with her fingers as her eyes began to swell with tears, something that had been happening since she left her parent's house yesterday.

"I wasn't invited to y'all wedding either...I ain't get mad at y'all."Dakota mumbled before letting out a sniffle and laugh, causing her mother to laugh as well. "We were married long before you were born, girl." Amethyst continued to chuckle.

"What if future me wanted to be a flower girl?" Dakota sarcastically questioned while adjusting herself in the sofa, removing her legs from beside her and placing them on the ground. "That's how ridiculous daddy sounds." She added.

"I feel so torn, because I truly see both sides. I definitely felt some type of way that you didn't at least let us come to Vegas to witness y'all getting married, but I understand that it was an impulse decision—and like I said, if you're happy, then I am too." Amethyst replied. Dakota's attention went over to the bedroom door as Nas walked out now fully clothed in the ensemble that he chose for today. A black t shirt and a pair of fleece Ralph Lauren shorts. His preferred dressing style was still chill, even while his funds continued to expand, in attempt to avoid ostentation.

"So why can't he just be happy for me like you." Dakota voiced. She couldn't lie like she was okay with her and her father being on bad terms, Dakota loved him and couldn't imagine a life where they didn't speak everyday for God knows how long this would last.

"Look." Nas announced while pushing his phone in front of Dakota's face. "This the third paragraph he done sent me." He added. On the screen of Nas' phone were three large paragraphs from Dalvin expressing his frustration to him. His lack of every punctuation besides exclamation marks showcased how angry he was. Unfortunately for him, neither Nas or Dakota was reading all of it. In the midst of skimming through, Dakota noticed that the dots appeared at the bottom of the last message, indicating that her father was typing again.

"Imma reply." Nas announced while walking over to the accent chair, where he took a seat. "Can you tell your husband that it was my idea and not Nas'." Dakota spoke to her mother. It was strange to her that her father was sending paragraphs to Nas and not her.
Dalvin hadn't called or texted Dakota, which further confirmed that he was perturbed.

"I'll talk to him— but I'm gon' call you back later, Honey. My client just pulled up." Amethyst announced, Dakota nodded her head as if her mother could see her. "Alright." She replied while scooting to the end of the couch.

"Me and daddy love you." Amethyst spoke, causing Dakota to weakly smile. "I love you, but I'm not too crazy about your bald ass husband right now." She replied, making her mother chuckle. They said their goodbyes once more before ending the call.