SB23

Dakota Smith

9:37 am - November 24th 2023

Dakota woke up this morning with the most immense simper on her face, as her conversation with Nas was heavy on her mind all night long. Their first time saying I love you, a scene that was sure to be embedded in Dakota's brain forever. The raw emotion in the moment made it even more special, Dakota didn't see it coming but she couldn't have asked for it to happen any other way.

Dakota tightened her robe as she walked in the kitchen. She was greeted by her brother, who was fixing himself a morning serving of thanksgiving leftovers. Dakota walked past his phone and slightly made up her face once she noticed he was on Instagram live. "Being on live at 9am is ridiculous." Dakota teased as she grabbed a plate.

Kacey lightly chuckled as he scooped a bit of dressing onto his plate, "I get paid off this shit." He replied, finishing off making his plate by adding some mashed potatoes and gravy before sticking the plate into the microwave. Dakota took a peek at the phone once more, noticing that the viewers continued to rise.

"Somebody saying you never accepted they request—they requested two years ago." Kacey announced as he looked at his phone. "They can gon' head and undo it, cause I'm not accepting it." Dakota replied, causing them both to laugh. She wanted 0 parts of her brother's fame, the public eye wasn't something she preferred to be in all the time, or at all for that matter. Dakota lived privately and comfortably—just how she liked it. Dakota saw her brother make it to the blogs a couple times, and couldn't imagine the same happening to her.

"How they even be finding me?" Dakota questioned as she scooped some macaroni on her plate before adding a bit of yams and ham. "Cause I got that one picture of us on my page—when mama had gave birth to you and I came to see you for the first time." Kacey replied, causing Dakota to smile.

"Really? You still got that picture on there? That was like one of your first Instagram posts." She replied as she put her plate in the microwave, after Kacey removed his. "Yeah...I'll never delete it. I got the pictures mama took of you when we dropped you off at college on there too." He added.

"Now, that's too fed." Dakota joked, making them both laugh. "Ight, y'all. I'm off this shit, I'm finna talk to my sister right quick." Kacey announced to his viewers as he ended the live.

"Yeah, turn that shit off, pinky doll." Dakota teased, making herself laugh. "Ice cream so good." Kacey joked, intensifying their laughter. Dakota pulled her plate out of the microwave and sat at the table next to her brother. She loved the recent closeness of their family, it felt like old times. Just as discussed, there was no mention of Kacey's career choice, which kept a lot of the peace between the family.

The sound of house slippers against the Italian marble floor sounded loud enough for them to hear. A few moments later, Amethyst appeared with a big smile on her lips. "GoodMorning my babies." She greeted, stopping by the table to kiss the foreheads of both Dakota and Kacey as if they were little children.

"GoodMorning Ma." Her children spoke in unison. Unlike Dakota and Kacey, Amethyst skipped out on leftovers for breakfast and opted for a vanilla breakfast shake. She shook the bottle a few times before removing the top and taking a sip. "When we putting up the tree?" Dakota questioned. She enjoyed sleeping in her childhood room and being amongst her family, but she was ready to get back to the place she paid rent for. The freedom of talking loud on the phone and walking around with clothing items missing from her body was truly missed.

"When daddy comes out the room—he should be right behind me." Amethyst replied as she took a seat at the table. "Nas." She spoke as she touched Dakota's arm with a smile on her face, causing Dakota to do the same.