SB45

Dakota Smith

4:10 pm - April 24th 2024

Dakota was spending a lot of time with Chris, and even started going next door to his house. He'd pour them up some wine that they'd indulge in, with a side of conversation. Being that Chris was well versed, their conversations would touch many topics in a short period of time. Truly, Dakota enjoyed Chris' company. "Oh shit." Chris spoke as he grabbed his remote and turned up the music that was coming from the TV. Seduction by Usher filled the room, causing him to bob his head to the beat, gaining a chuckle from Dakota.

"I feel like this was the first song that I ever fell in love with—my pops played this album through and through." Chris announced as he continued to bob his head. "Your job definitely fits you—yo' music taste is amazing." Dakota announced before taking a sip of wine.

"I gotta thank my pops for that, foreal. Him and my mama honestly. My mama from New York and he from Louisiana, so I got the best of both worlds when it came to music. My pops taste went far past New York, though. He listen to a lil' bit of everything." Chris explained, Dakota nodded her head while slightly swirling her wine around. "That's how my brother got his start in producing. The music we listened to growing up was his inspiration." She replied.

Chris raised his eyebrow, "Who's your brother?" He quizzed before taking the last sip of his wine. The duo was enjoying an aged reversa 58, a spiced red wine that had a perfect sweet a bitter ratio from the traces of ripe blackberry, plum, and chocolate. "Kacey—well, everybody else knows him by his producer tag, the line from the Jodeci song." Dakota replied.

Chris' eyes widened in surprise, "K-Ci, help me sing it. From cry for you by Jodeci?" He questioned, Dakota shook her head yes. This was the common reaction when people found out Kacey was her brother. Mainly because of who he was, but also because Dakota never flaunted it in hopes of heightening her social status. Whoever knew—knew, and whoever didn't—didn't.

"That's crazy—he one of my favorite producers, nigga remind me of Kanye in '05." Chris replied, reaching over and grabbing a piece of cheese from the charcuterie board he bought for them. "I love how his samples ain't so straight forward. They're actually samples and not remixes with the same flow and cadence." He added, Dakota nodded her head in agreement.

"Kacey loves music, and his love doesn't stop at 90s R&B and hip hop—I think that's what sets him apart from everybody." Dakota spoke as she took a sip from her wine glass and sat it on the coaster Chris had laid out. "That shit crazy though...I ain't know he was your brother." Chris announced. Dakota slowly shook her head while eyeing him.

"I see you got yo' golds in." Dakota lightly chuckled after making the observation, causing Chris to do the same. His jewelry was always gold, including his bottom grill that he'd put in ever so often. Chris was simply a gold person, as the metal complimented his skin dark perfectly. "Yeah." He replied as his brief laugh subsided. While looking at the gold in his mouth, Dakota couldn't help but to stare at his plump lips. Dakota felt like Chris had to be either a God or king in his past life, because he was physically perfect.

"This way better than that Stella shit, huh?" Chris quizzed, removing Dakota from her libidinous daze. "Price don't always determine taste, though. I feel like they're both good in they're own right." Dakota replied.

Chris looked at Dakota with a faint smile on his face, "You must be a Libra—they like shit to be fair, like balance and shit." He spoke. Dakota shook her head no before chuckling. This was exactly why she didn't take zodiac shit too seriously, she felt as if each sign had super general traits that everyone could fit into. "Nope. I'm an Aries, my birthday was the 19th." She replied.