SB3

Dakota Smith

11:45 am - August 25th 2023

Dakota slightly bit down on her lip as she fixed her attention on the task in front of her. Without looking in that direction, she grabbed the white tulip and stuck it in the arrangement before stepping back. She let out a big frustrated sigh while walking back to the flower arrangement, completely annoyed. She angrily removed the white rose from the arrangement before deciding to take a break, figuring that the creativity would hit her when she least expected it to.

Dakota removed her apron and sat it on the table before reaching for her phone. Her Lock Screen was filled with it's usual. Shopping app notifications, emails, and endless group chat texts. One notification seemed to stick out to her. A follow request for her very private Instagram page, her acrylic nail sounded against the screen as she tapped on the Instagram notification.

Confusion caused her to knit her eyebrows together as a feeling of Deja vu came over her, it reminded her that she got a request from this person about every 6 months, from a different name but with the same pictures. Dakota slightly bit down on her lip, trying to remember the boy's name. Boom, and then it hit her. His name was Jeremiah. Dakota sat in the vacant seat next to her and typed the name into the search bar, which lead her to the last page she remembered following of him.

Dakota clicked on the most recent uploaded photo, and realized it was posted in 2013. Which made her conclude that this was his real page and the others were fakes, since all of the photos were directly taken from this account. Dakota scrolled through the comments, in search of somebody whose page was public and had something on their story. Finally, she found somebody. @Wham_1k. She hesitated for a few seconds, but finally went through with the thought. She clicked the message button and began to type.

@/OfficiallyKota
Hey, sorry if this is weird. But do you know @/Jay_1k? I'm not even sure if that's his real page bc it's so many.

Dakota sat her phone down and instead of continuing her previous task, she decided to embark on a new one. She opened up a new box of chalk and stepped over to the chalkboard that covered the whole wall. "I almost forgot." Dakota mumbled to herself as she grabbed the piece of white copy paper that had her sketches on it. With brief thought, she jumped right in and let her creative juices flow. A ocused look adorned her face as she guided the chalk against the chalkboard.

The front door's alarm sounded, causing her to quickly look in that direction. A smile dressed her face as she watched her father walk in the florist shop. "We got the jazz, we got the jazz." He voiced in the melody of We Got The Jazz by A Tribe Called Quest. For as long as Dakota could remember, her father would often greet her with the song due to her middle name being Jazmine.

"Hey daddy." Dakota smiled as she continued to draw. "Wassup, baby girl." Dalvin replied, he kissed his daughter's cheek prior to giving her a side hug. Dakota was the epitome of a daddy's girl and it'd been that way all her life. She was his only daughter, which caused for major spoiling and attention.

Dakota sat both the chalk and piece of paper down, to step back and admire her work. She nodded her head in approval at how nice it looked without even being finished. She figured arranging the floral arrangement didn't go as planned, because her creative spark was needed elsewhere and she wasn't mad at it. She was actually pleased with how the events turned. Since Dakota took an impromptu break, she grabbed her phone to see if she had a response.

@/Wham_1k
Yeah ik him. That's my lil cousin. He passed away a long time ago.

                 Oh wow...sorry to hear that. I was just wondering since it seems like ppl keep making pages pretending to be him or something