SB38

Dakota Smith

9:19 am - February 22nd 2024

This morning's extremely cold weather had Dakota fighting with herself to get out of bed. If she had it her way, she would stay in her warm bed all day and binge a few shows, but she had work to do. Dakota ran her hot comb over her semi new frontal install a couple of times before plugging it out. She eyed herself in the mirror while toying with her hair, figuring out how she wanted it to lay. She settled on one side slightly tucked behind her ear, to showcase the fluffy baby hair on the side of her part.

After rubbing a coat of lipgloss on her lips, she stepped out of her bathroom and back into her bedroom. She grabbed one of her everyday fragrances and sprayed a few pumps on her wrists and body before sitting it back on the acrylic stand.

Dakota reached for her ring, only to become saddened by its absence, which reminded her of the event that took place the other day. Dakota wasn't sure about the status of her relationship, they were both adamant about being angry with each other and Dakota honestly wasn't sure what to do. A sigh escaped her mouth as she opted for a couple bracelets and her old claddgah ring instead. "Damn." Dakota fussed out loud as she moved around her room. Her layered clothing had her growing hot. Dakota pushed her feet into her boots and grabbed her purse before heading toward the door.

Dakota's hand sat on the doorknob for a second as she paused in her tracks, she then traveled back into her bathroom to make sure her hot comb was plugged out.
After seeing that it was actually plugged out, she made her way to the door for the second time. She had a few minutes to spare, so she decided to stop and get a matcha while she was on her way.

Dakota hopped in her vehicle and sat both her coat and purse on the passenger side. She thought about taking her jacket off as well, but decided against it since it went with her outfit. Dakota used music to fill in the silence that was made by the lack of phone conversation.

- 9:41 am

Dakota sipped on her drink as she moved around the flower shop, getting things prepared for the work day. She turned on the LED sign and flipped the sign on the door, watered a few flowers, and turned on some music. Chanson's music came through the speaker, bringing Paris to mind. He was very lowkey and his business hardly ever hit the media. There were a few speculations about his love life, but he never cleared them up.

Dakota inquisitively went over to his Instagram, wanting to see if he posted anything hinting toward him being with a woman. She clicked on his story to see a photo of him on the beach, but you could clearly see Paris in the reflection of his shades. Maybe I'm just nosey as fuck for noticing that, Dakota thought to herself as she went over to Paris' story. A simple photo of her Hermes Oran Sandler in the sand, with Provider by Frank Ocean in the background.

Just when Dakota fixed her fingers to call her friend, the door opened inviting in a gust of wind cold enough to make Dakota shiver. To her surprise, when she snapped her head to the door, Nas was walking in. "You're not on the schedule." Dakota announced while eyeing him. "Look like ain't nobody else coming." Nas replied as he zipped his coat down, revealing his black True Religion jacket.

Dakota placed her attention on the glass door, watching the light drizzle fall from the gloomy sky. "It's a problem that I'm here?" Nas raised his eyebrow. Dakota slowly looked over at him and rolled her eyes. "It is—a big one, actually. When you were supposed to be here, you weren't." She replied. Crazy enough, that statement applied to both work and their relationship.

Luckily, Kiara came in, halting the conversation before it could continue and probably take a turn for the worse. Dakota noticed she had a smoothie in her hand, which made her chuckle. "I see you got another one of them $10 smoothies." Dakota joked, making Kiara laugh. "Pay day got me feeling like Bill Gates or something." She joked.