SB51

Dakota Smith

3:47 pm - June 12th 2024

What Destiny did to Nas was sitting at the back of Dakota's brain day and night. While Nas was pretty chill about it now, Dakota wasn't at all. Just as she announced to Nas, she wanted to whoop Destiny's ass. Her lash appointment was set about a week ago, but Dakota canceled, as she couldn't figure out how she wanted to approach Destiny. While sitting in her car in front of the suite building, she realized that she still didn't know, but she was here and there was no turning back.

"Hey." Destiny greeted with a smile and a slight wave. She was occupied with taking pictures of the set that she just finished. "Hey." Dakota replied, deciding that it was best if she just stood, seeing that the client before her was on her way off of the lash bed. Moments later, she was out the door and Destiny called Dakota over to her. Instead of laying down, Dakota sat facing Destiny.

"You okay?" Destiny questioned with a light chuckle as she resumed with setting up for Dakota's "appointment". "I'm not...I'm really trying not to jump over the lash bed and whoop yo' ass." Dakota sedately replied, gaining a confused look from Destiny. She was so baffled that an unnerved cackle fell from her lips.

"Whoop my ass?" She echoed with her eyebrows furrowed, Dakota shook her head yes. "Yo baby daddy be making you set niggas up to get robbed, huh?" Dakota quizzed. Anxiety flushed over Destiny, pictured all over her melanated face.

"That's what y'all do?" Dakota questioned again, due to Destiny's lack of a timely response. Destiny's eyes watered as she shook her head yes. Eventually, she began to break down crying. "Yes." She answered as she bawled out. A part of the reason Dakota was torn between beating her ass or not is because she heard her story and knew that Destiny was remorseful about her repeated actions. This was something that she was being forced to do and for her own safety, she never told them no.

"The boy you set up at his tattoo shop is my boyfriend, Destiny. I know you in a fucked up position, but you play a major part in the shit that y'all doing." Dakota fussed. "My boyfriend has a child—what if them niggas killed him that night over some petty ass money?" She added, growing frustrated with the situation all over again.

"I'm sorry, Dakota—I didn't want to do it, but I had to. I seen them kill people before, and I know they'll do it to me." Destiny spoke while patting under her right eye with a piece of tissue. "Where's your family, Destiny?" Dakota quizzed.

"It don't matter—cause I can't run to them. That's why I been hustling doing lashes, when I report him and his friend to the police, I'll have enough to get out on my own." She explained before tossing the tissue in the small trash bin next to her. "But you're an accomplice. You'll get charged as well for orchestrating the crimes." Dakota replied. Defeat filled Destiny's heart as she shook her head and tightly closed her eyes, more tears trickled down her face.

"I'm sorry." Destiny spoke in between cries. While Dakota felt a small amount of empathy for her, she still couldn't get behind what she was doing. Nas could've lost his life that night. "I think you should try to reach out to your family." Dakota suggested.

"I'll try." Destiny replied, grabbing another single piece of tissue to wipe her running eyes. Suddenly, the sound of the door opening caught their attention. After looking at the man standing in the door frame, Dakota and Destiny looked at each other. "Kevin." Destiny nervously called out.

"You been crying?" He questioned. Dakota pursed her lips together as she eyed him. Even if Destiny didn't tell her how vile he was, she still would've picked it up from his aura. His presence brought a spectral shift into the room, and it was obvious that he was aware of it. "Yeah, I was telling my client about the baby." Destiny answered, causing him to look over at Dakota. Looking at him sent rage over her, but she knew to choose her battles carefully. In the case that she did jump crazy, she knew Destiny would probably help him harm her.