SB22

Dakota Smith

1:56 pm - November 23rd 2023

"Ma, you got some edge control—matter fact, some spritz?" Dakota questioned as she used her mother's Babyliss flatiron to curl her hair. "Yeah, it's the drawer to your left, baby." Amethyst replied. She stood at the sink adjacent to the sink Dakota stood at applying her makeup. Amethyst's morning consisted of her getting herself ready, since it was her only task. Instead of preparing thanksgiving dinner herself, she had a staff of chefs to complete the duty. The only thing Amethyst cooked was the yams, and she'd already prepped those.

Amethyst lightly chuckled, causing Dakota to look over at her. "What?" She questioned. Her mother's smile was contagious enough to make Dakota do the same. "This reminds me of when you were a little girl and you'd stand right beside me and watch me get ready. You'd always ask for my makeup, so I'd give you a little clear gloss to keep you content." Amethyst explained, causing Dakota to smile.

"That's Kim Kardashian?" Amethyst questioned, referring to Dakota's outfit. She always went comfy on thanksgiving, this year's attire was a gray Skims ribbed top as well as the matching leggings. She wore a cropped distressed denim jacket that she took off, but planned to wear in pictures. "Yeah—its skims, mama." Dakota chuckled.

"Same difference." Amethyst chuckled as she waved her daughter off. She finished her makeup with her favorite Mac lipgloss, Oyster girl. Her makeup was always light, never caked on. "I need you and Kacey to stay for when we put the tree up tomorrow." She added, Dakota nodded her head. She reached over and unplugged the flat iron before toying with her hair, to achieve the loose curls that she wanted.

"Daddy was telling me about this Nas boy." Amethyst smirked, instinctively making Dakota smile. She grabbed her phone off the counter to see if he'd texted her. "Is this the one with the daughter?" Amethyst questioned.

Dakota nodded her head yes. The thought of how things went at the pumpkin patch saddened Dakota every time she thought about it. Nas having a kid wasn't particularly hard on her, but if Nas had a kid that didn't like her—that would be hard on her. "Ma...can you and daddy please not be on that CSI interrogation stuff?" Dakota questioned. Amethyst paused before laughing. "We'll try." She spoke as she held Dakota's tattooed arm with a concerned look on her face.

"You like it?" Dakota questioned as she smirked. "I do, but...why your whole arm though?" Amethyst held a look of uncertainty on her face.

"Cause I'm young and turnt, Ma." Dakota replied turning back around so she could fix the baby hair on her wig. Amethyst laughed, "Well, it is nice and detailed." She replied while softly touching it. The doorbell rang, catching their attention. Dakota looked at the time on her phone, and figured it was time for the guests to start slowly start arriving.

"I gotta move my car." Dakota thought out loud, followed by a sigh. She finished off with her hair and grabbed her phone before leaving her parent's room. After walking down a few long picture decorated hallways she finally made it to the living room, and then the front door. Dakota pushed her feet into her shoes before walking out the house.

She hopped in her car and moved it further into the driveway, the task didn't take long, but Dakota found herself sitting in her car, scrolling through Instagram while using the radio as background noise. Ever so often, her head would pop up as she watched her parent's guests walk up the driveway through her rear view mirror.

Dakota pulled one leg closer to her while letting the other remain planted on the seat. Her focus was split between on TikTok and Twitter, making her trip to move her car even longer. A knock on her window caused her to look up with a confused expression on her face. Once she laid eyes on Nas, her confusion turned into happiness. Dakota hopped out the front seat and jumped into his arms. "Happy Thanksgiving." Nas spoke as they shared an embrace.