SB16

Nasiem Fareed

7:45 pm - October 31st 2023

Once Nas' work day was over, he wasted no time heading over to Kimora's so that he could go trick or treating with Demi. She was young, so her trick or treating time started and ended early since she had school in the morning. This was his first holiday in the end of the year holiday sequence, and he was overjoyed. Nas wasn't able to partake in Halloween festivities when he was younger, due to his parents believing that it was evil, so he was proud to differ from his parents in all ways possible.

Nas stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall to Kimora's door, where he then knocked and awaited entry. A few moments later, the door glided open, revealing both Kimora and Demi. A big smile grew on Nas' face once he laid eyes on his daughter. Instinctively, he picked her up and placed a kiss on her face. "You like my costume, daddy?" Demi questioned as she rested her arm around Nas' shoulders.

"I love it."  Nas replied before putting her down. She quickly ran off to grab her Halloween basket. "What is she?" Nas turned to Kimora, causing her to laugh.

"She's Issa Rae in the Barbie movie...she played the president." Kimora explained as she pushed her feet into her Ugg boots. Demi was dressed in a light pink jumpsuit, a sash that read president on it, and a pair of pink converse on her feet. "Don't play like you don't see my baby sash." She added before playfully hitting Nas' chest on the way to grab Demi a jacket. Though this was something he should've known, he fell asleep during the movie.

"Are you busy Thursday?" She added, Nas slightly bit down on his lip as he pondered on it. "I got work, 10 to 7. Why, Wassup?" Nas replied, grabbing Demi's jacket that Kimora was handing to him.

"I wanted to go downtown to change Demi's last name, but you have to be in attendance to do so." Kimora explained, reminding Nas that he wanted a blood test before this took place. He figured he'd voice that after Demi got back from trick or treating, due to him not wanting to spoil her evening. Unlike some people, Nas thought to himself. "Thursday the only day you free?" Nas asked. For as long as he'd been working at the flower shop, he never called out. The job was too easy to be calling out. Nas figured he had some PTO, he just never thought about using it.

"This week, yeah. I've been doing a lot of home closings, and the prep takes a lot of my time." Kimora answered before calling out for Demi to come to the living room, so she could take pictures of her. Nas pulled his phone out of his pocket, and decided to do the same. A proud smile adorned his face while snapping pictures of his baby. "I'll talk to my boss and see if I could extend my lunch." Nas announced, Kimora shook her head in confirmation as she grabbed her keys. Nas sat Demi on his hip, carrying her all the way down the hall and onto the elevator.

"Where's your costume, daddy?" Demi questioned, causing Nas to look down at his attire. "I got it on...imma daddy." He replied, scorning a light chuckle from both Demi and Kimora. He didn't have time to plan and get a costume this year, but he was definitely aiming for next year. After stepping off of the elevator, they walked through the lobby to exit the building. Nas used his free hand to open his car door before placing Demi into her car seat.

"Not the car seat match the guts." Kimora chuckled, causing Nas to do the same. "You see it." Nas jokingly boasted. This was his first time strapping Demi in, and he was proud of himself. Struggling to get Demi in and out of the seat was a concern for him, since he'd never done it before. He did a quick unbuckle as well, just to see how that would go once it was time to take her out. The plan was to take Demi to her old neighborhood, since she was familiar with the kids that lived there.

According to Kimora, they'd walk together in a group every year, and she didn't want to take that away from Demi despite them not living there at the moment. "You still live over here...we coulda drove to you." Kimora voiced, making small talk as they trailed behind the large group of children. Nas shrugged his shoulders, "it's good...I wanted to pick y'all up." He replied as he stuffed his hands into his pockets to combat the cold breeze.