SB42

Dakota Smith

9:25 am - March 16th 2024

It seemed as if the few days of rain washed in spring weather over the city, starting the morning off with a sunny sky and a warm temperature. Dakota scanned her closet for a pair of sandals, happy that her toes were freshly painted in advance. She decided to start spring off tame and opt for her Tory Burch miller sandals. After she removed them from the box, she traveled them to her bedroom door before grabbing both her phone and purse.

Dakota pushed her feet into the sandals and swung her door open. Immediately seeing Nas sitting on her couch startled her a bit, as she completely forgot that he was there. "I ain't wanna leave the door unlocked while you was in here sleep." Nas announced while standing up and slipping his jacket back on. He already had the throw blanket neatly folded and draped across the sofa, just how Dakota liked.

Nas pulled his keys off of the table before heading for the door, Dakota followed behind him with her arms folded across her chest. It was odd to be walking Nas out of her apartment with no hug, no kiss, and no flirtatious banter. But that's where they were right now. Dakota watched as Nas pushed his feet into his Jordan 4s. He turned to Dakota as if he was expecting something, but quickly snapped into reality. "Ight, Kota." Nas spoke while unlocking and swinging the door open. "Alright." Dakota replied, watching him walk out of the door.

Though she had plans of leaving, she closed the door behind him and placed her back against the door as she let out a deep breath that she didn't know she was holding in. A series of knocks sounded against her door, causing her to jump a little bit. Dakota turned around and placed her eye over the peephole to see Nas.

Dakota opened the door, causing Nas to look up from the ground. "I just wanted to say thank you for letting me stay over...and consoling me last night." Nas voiced, Dakota nodded her head while pursing her lips together. Being that neither of them said anything after that, a silence fell over them. Dakota looked around the hallway as she faintly nodded her head.

"Ight...I'm gone, foreal this time." Nas spoke with a light chuckle, causing Dakota to do the same. He turned away and began to head down the hall, meanwhile Dakota stepped back into her apartment. She couldn't tell you what just happened, but she knew that it was awkward as hell.

- 9:50 am

Dakota's mimosa was 5% juice and 95% champagne, just how she preferred. She brought the mimosa glass to her lips and took a sip as she looked around the brunch restaurant. Her eyes stopped at an older couple that wasn't sitting too far away, a half smile adorned Dakota's face as she watched the woman call for the waitress and explain something to her, Dakota assumed there was an issue with her husband's food since she continually pointed at his plate while he sat there, looking as if he didn't want much trouble. Dakota chuckled, as she recalled being in that situation a few times as well.

"I see you got your ring on." Paris smirked, snapping Dakota out of her nosey trance. "Y'all must be back good?" She questioned. Paris was back from Miami and insisted that they had brunch together this morning.

Dakota shook her head no, "Bitch—you know what's funny? I tossed it over my balcony and the concierge in my building ended up handing it to me the next day." She explained. Paris briefly widened her eyes before letting out a chuckle.

"You know what they say...if it's real it'll come back." She added. Dakota faintly rolled her eyes while taking another sip of her mimosa. "And that's exactly why ring is back and he ain't." Dakota jokingly waved her friend off. She grabbed her fork and dived into her perfectly seasoned breakfast potatoes. She caught a glimpse of her ring in the process and silently gave Nas his props, the ring was beautiful. His rude ass got taste, She thought to herself.