SB52

Nasiem Fareed

8:27 am - June 27th 2024

The feeling of Nas' eyes being forcefully opened by a set of tiny fingers. Nas chuckled at the sight of Demi, who was chuckling as well. "Why you playing with my eyes, kid?" He questioned while sitting up. He was surprised to see that her teeth were brushed, her face was clean, and her bonnet and scarf were off allowing her to sport her brand new braided hairstyle. "Cause you were taking too long to wake up." Demi announced, making him lightly laugh again.

Nas was surprised to look beside him and see that Dakota was gone. It was weird, being that they went to sleep together last night. Nas reached for his phone and searched through his missed notifications, expecting a text from Dakota telling him where she went. Unfortunately, there wasn't one. "Where Kota?" Nas quizzed, sitting up to do his first stretch of the morning.

Demi shrugged her shoulders, "Can you make me some cereal?" She quizzed back while sliding off of the bed. "I got you." Nas replied, pushing his feet into his house shoes and walking over to his bathroom, where he began to brush his teeth. He ran his toothbrush under the running faucet water before adding a line of toothpaste and running it under the faucet again, before beginning to brush his teeth.

"Daddy." Demi called out, sticking her head in the door. "My cereal." She jogged his memory. "I know, baby. Let me brush my teeth first." Nas replied. Demi nodded her head before running out of the room. While brushing his teeth, Nas began to grow worried about Dakota. It wasn't like her to just up and leave without saying anything, especially in the morning. He also found it weird that Demi didn't know about her departure, which meant she left the house and left his front door unlocked—knowing that he didn't like that.

A sigh escaped Nas' mouth as he reached for his phone. Something in his gut didn't feel right, so he decided to call her. While listening to the playback sound, he gargled with mouthwash before spitting it into the sink. He grabbed a white wash cloth and wiped his face off, sure to show a little extra love to the corners of his eyes.

The sound of the automated voice message system sounded, causing him to sigh again. He hit the light switch on his way out, and made his way to the kitchen. "Happy Father's Day!" Demi and Dakota spoke in unison, grabbing his attention. Demi then presented him with number one dad sash to drape across his body. A smile stretched across his umber face as he scanned the living room and kitchen to see that it was decorated for the occasion.

A large canvas of Nas and Demi was next to a blue balloon arrangement that read happy Father's Day. "Thank you, Girly." Nas smiled, reaching for Demi. He picked her up and pulled her into an embrace before kissing her cheek. After putting his daughter back on her feet, Nas pulled Dakota into a hug.

"Thank you, baby—I wasn't even expecting nothing." Nas spoke as they wrapped their arms around each other. Truthfully, Nas didn't even know today was Father's Day. It wasn't something that he celebrated, and he couldn't necessarily point the holiday out on a calendar. Even with this being his first year as a father, it completely slipped his mind. "You're welcome...you're really an amazing father, and I wanted to make sure you felt special today, since you're always doing that for me and Girly." Dakota spoke. Nas pulled his head from the crook of her neck and kissed her lips, while using both of his hands to palm her ass.

"Thank you again, baby. Foreal." Nas replied, feeling the need to thank her again. "You ain't got no news for me?" Nas questioned. Dakota furrowed her eyebrows for a second before kissing her teeth and laughing. "I do not." She replied while guiding him over to the kitchen.

"It's just some wishful thinkin'—I know what I gotta do for that news." Nas voiced, kissing her cheek before sitting at the table. "We made you some breakfast." Demi announced, sitting in the chair next to him. Nas looked down at the plate Dakota placed in front of him to see an omelette with a side of breakfast potatoes.