SB27

Dakota Smith

9:19 pm - December 20th 2023

"Look at how he yolked her up—we woulda been back there hunchin, fuck arguing." Paris spoke, causing Dakota to burst into laughter. They were currently watching Soulfood, another classic movie that they had in rotation. Dakota switched her attention between the movie and wrapping the gifts that she got for Demi. Dakota settled on getting her two gifts, a pair of Ugg boots and a toy. Dakota even went as far as getting LOL surprise doll wrapping paper to wrap her gifts in.

"Ew...I don't like no nigga getting loud and belligerent like that with me. All that throwing shit around would've had me looking at him differently." Dakota replied. Her father always said a man that hit walls and other inanimate objects while mad, would eventually hit you as well. Dakota always found herself thinking back on the sound advice from her father.

"You think she was wrong?" Dakota questioned. A smile grew on Paris' face as if she was waiting to hear that question all night. she grabbed the remote to pause the movie, and turned her attention to Dakota. "I kinda see both sides—but I will say, she should've told him from the beginning who the job came from and gave him the choice to accept or deny the offer." Paris explained.

"What made her look even more suspect, was her wearing the bracelet that the ex gave her—and then promised the nigga a date in return." Dakota replied, the first part of her response reminded her a lot of what happened with Chris buying her a dog. 

"You fuckin' that nigga?" Paris echoed, attempting to mimic Lem's New York accent. Causing them both to laugh. "I woulda just bent over chile, fuck it." She added, intensifying their chuckles.

"Bitch, that shit just reminded me that Chris bought me a damn dog—and dropped it off at the flower shop." Dakota spoke as the memory crossed her mind again. "Chico?" Paris raised her eyebrow in intrigue, Dakota shook her head no.

"A new dog—that he randomly dropped off the other day talking bout he wanted to right his wrongs. Nas was there too." Dakota explained, she chuckled before adding onto her sentence. "Nigga sent a card with the damn dog, talking bout he want his family back."

"Bitch—not he want his family back." Paris shook her head as she chuckled. "So, where the dog at?" She asked.

"Back with him, I told him come pick the lil motha' fucka' up." Dakota answered, causing the girls the girls to share a laugh. "He offered to let me keep the dog, just for selling Chico, but I just couldn't do it. I felt like it would be wrong since I'm with Nas." She added.

Paris pursed her lips together as if she was attempting to hide her laugh. "What, bitch?" Dakota questioned as she watched her friend fight her laughter. "You can't keep a dog from another nigga, but he got a whole baby with another bitch?" Paris voiced. Dakota kissed her teeth as she waved her friend off.

"Hoe—shut up." Dakota jokingly rolled her eyes as she reached for her espresso martini and took a quick sip before finally finishing wrapping Demi's Uggs. Dakota picked the box up and closely examined it, impressed with her seamless gift wrapping skills. "Hoe, you made me say it. I was just gon' keke about it in my head." Paris replied.

"You're right about not keeping the dog, though. Just like bird taking the bracelet—it's disrespectful to the relationship." Paris added, Dakota nodded her head in agreement. She briefly glanced at the TV, noticing that Paris had it paused perfectly on Lem irately yelling at Bird. "Poor Bird...she was just trynna help her man." Dakota randomly voiced.

"I know the people in the hair salon talked about that shit for months." Dakota added, making them laugh. "Look at you on your step mommy shark shit." Paris joked as she grabbed the perfectly wrapped gift.