SB8

Dakota Smith

8:59 am - September 22nd 2023

After the concert last night, Dakota found herself extremely drained. A night filled with screaming her favorite artist's lyrics damn near louder than her, was a pleasure to experience. To love the music and play it in your car or from your phone's speaker was completely different than hearing it live and paired with choreography. And even while watching every date's performance from TikTok while awaiting Dallas' date, she was still in awe when her favorite artist hit the stage.

Dakota put on her fluffy robe on her freshly cleaned body, before tying it and stepping out of her bathroom. Despite being drained, she was still up with plans of heading to the flower shop. Dakota grabbed her phone from the idle spot she left it on and dived into her bed.

Mama
Forever I'm that girl!!! Gm baby, I had so much fun with you at the concert, call me when you wake up.

Dakota lightly chuckled at her mother's message, she could picture her mother screaming out the lyric, just as she did at the concert. Dakota pressed the FaceTime icon on the right hand side of the message thread, while the phone was ringing she stared at herself in awe. She used her finger to smooth out the baby hair that she was sure to have to re do in a couple days. "Face card never declines, my God!" Amethyst answered the phone, causing Dakota to chuckle.

"Not you still singing the songs." Dakota spoke, after growing tired of holding the phone, she propped it up against one of her throw pillows. "Yes! I'm trynna find me another date I can go to, I gotta see that shit again." Amethyst exclaimed.

"I think I left my shirt in your car." Dakota announced once it came to mind, she already had an outfit planned with the article of clothing, which meant it was absolutely needed. "Better come get it before I wear it." Amethyst joked, causing Dakota to laugh. In the middle of her laugh, another call came through.

"Hold on mama—imma call you back." Dakota announced as she picked up her phone, "Alright, baby." Amethyst replied. Dakota ended the FaceTime with her mother and accepted the regular call from Paris.

"What you doing?" Paris questioned, "Laying down right quick before I put my clothes on." Dakota answered as she used her fingers to separate her lash extensions. Seeing the shedding on her pillow always irritated her, she hated when they started balding.

"You wanna come to the barbershop with me? I always wanted to take a bad bitch with me, like the niggas do." Paris spoke, Dakota chuckled. Paris wore her hair like Nia Long in the 90s and she definitely lived up to the saying, the shorter the cut, the fatter the ass. Paris' hairstylist was a very seasoned beautician who did hair at the barbershop, instead of a salon. Ever since Paris cut her hair, she never let anyone touch her natural tresses besides Miss Sonya.

"What time you going?" Dakota questioned. Although she was on schedule to be at the florist shop, she was sure that her well oiled machine wouldn't crumble without her presence. "Right now." Paris answered. Dakota looked over at her digital clock and gave in, she got out the bed and started to slip on her clothes.

"Let me know when you outside." Dakota spoke as she slipped on her denim shorts, she then removed her robe so she could put on her shirt. A vintage Dior baby tee that she gracefully took off of her mother's hands. Dakota stepped into the bathroom to eye herself, pleased with how much time she saved while getting dressed when having braids. No flat iron or no cold shower to make sure the steam didn't lift her lace—Dakota was happy.

Dakota grabbed the Vaseline body oil gel and added some to her hands,before distributing the product on her legs and arms. Since the body oil was cocoa butter scented, she went for a perfume with a vanilla top note. Dakota slipped on her few pieces of everyday jewelry, prior to grabbing her purse and phone. "I'm ready." She announced.