SB57

Dakota Smith

9:46 am - October 4th 2024

It seemed as if waking up this morning as a fiancé made the sun shine brighter, and the mood more blissful. Dakota woke up this morning with a smile on her face that most likely lingered on from last night. Dakota stuck her hand out in front of her, making her smile enlarge at the beauty of the ring on her finger. It was everything she dreamed of. Princess cut, white gold, and a hefty amount of carats. What really stuck out to her was the shape of the prongs, they resembled flower petals holding up her diamond. Dakota loved it, as flowers were an important part of her life and her story with Nas.

"Wake up so I can make you some breakfast, fiancé." Dakota voiced while tossing the white king sized comforter off her her body. She sat up and slid to the edge of the bed, sticking her feet into her slippers before standing up and traveling to Nas' side of the bed. "So quick to snatch up yo' fiancé." Dakota sang the Beyoncé line from the song Soldier.

Slowly, Nas' eyes fluttered open upon him waking him. "GoodMorning." Dakota voiced while straddling his lap. "GoodMorning baby." Nas replied, leaning in to kiss her lips.

"You woke up shining, huh?" Nas coolly chuckled while softly grabbing the hand that housed Dakota's engagement ring. "That bitch dancing." She joked, causing them both to laugh. Dakota removed herself from his lap and reached for his hand.

"Let me make you breakfast for the first time as my fiancé." Dakota suggested, causing a small chuckle to fall from Nas' lips as he got out of the bed. He took ahold of Dakota's hand and followed her out the room and into the kitchen.

"Did you sleep differently as a fiancé?" Nas jokingly questioned while sitting on the middle barstool, causing Dakota to laugh. "Actually, I couldn't really sleep—you know how you'd sleep the night before the first day of school when you were super excited? That's how I slept." Dakota explained. Her heart was full of joy. Walking into date night as a girlfriend and leaving engaged felt like a dream. It was truly surreal as she didn't expect it at all. Now with knowing everything that she knew, she concluded that the diamond emoji in Nas' phone was the jeweler, sending him updates about her gorgeous ring.

"What should I do with my promise ring?" Dakota questioned. The piece of jewelry became a part of her, she wore it everyday for months at a time, and it would truly be missed. The ring held a lot of sentimental value to her as well, which made it hard for to depart from it. "I'll get the jeweler to melt it into something else—like a pair of earrings or something." Nas replied. Dakota nodded her head, she liked the idea of that.

"A nigga was lowkey nervous as fuck to propose." Nas voiced as he removed his durag and ran his hand over his waves. "Why?" Dakota inquired as she began to mix the batter for their waffles. Her secret ingredient was a bit of cinnamon sugar, feeling as if it elevated the taste.

"Cause." Nas lightly chuckled, coming to terms with how foolish his fear was. "I was lowkey getting wrapped up in everything being perfect—I was like damn, what if she don't like everything I came up with?" He elaborated.

"I loved everything about it—it was perfect. The setting was intimate and the actual proposal was creative." Dakota replied while pouring a good amount of the waffle mix into the waffle maker. She closed the contraption, and went to stick a few pieces of turkey bacon into the air fryer. "I'm happy you loved it." Nas smiled, causing Dakota to do the same.

"I got the animation on a flash drive if you wanna rewatch it now that you know the characters were us—and I had the movie crew record my actual proposal, I gotta reach out to them to get it." He explained. Dakota flipped the waffle over before going to grab a carton of eggs from the fridge. In the midst of grabbing the eggs, she caught a glimpse of her ring, making a smile grow on her lips before she shrieked in excitement.