p2 ; miles morales E42 ▸ different *

"look at me," he says.
..
"look at me." he demands.

you slowly raise your eyes.
then he...
..
[ continuing ]
..
then he brings his hand up to his other hand, and takes off his claw, and doing the same with the other one.
he drops them on the floor.
you sort of flinch at the loud sound, you blink away the blur in your eyes as your last few tears fall, and you're done crying, at least for now.

he walks behind you, and begins to unchain you, as he does, you ask him something, something that you don't really expect him to answer.
"..how did I die?" you asked cautiously, you feel him pause, and then he gets back to work.
"why do you want to know, it wasn't your life."
"im just..curious, you don't have to tell me.." you mutter.
you hear him sigh, a breath he was holding in for a while.

"you were killed." he says, and that's all he says after that.

"by who?" you ask, he was silent.

"was I avenged?" you half-laughed at your own sentence, but he was still silent.

"how long ago?" quiet again.

"miles?"

"...miles?"
.
.
.
"..I killed you.."
...
?
you laugh a little.
"what?" you chuckle, not believing him.
suddenly your chains dropped to the ground, and he pushed you out of your chair.

"I killed you." although his voice was serious, it still cracked, "but I didn't mean to." he finishes, he looked down, but then back up at you.

"im...im so sorry y/n.
I thought things could be different,
when I saw you, I was shocked..
..but happy.
I thought I was given a second chance, by some sort of god.
but no..
because it turns out you're dying, and you will die soon, just like her." he said.

you were silent.
you didn't know what to say.

you pick yourself up off the ground.
and turn around to face miles.

"why..did you kill me?" you asked, even though you felt pretty unsure of even talking, you wanted to know.
...
"..because.." he starts, he walks up to you and stares, a stare that felt like daggers.

"..I was angry." he spoke.
.
.
.
[ flash back ]
*prowler miles pov*
I get home after a mission, I quickly go to the rooftop, my teeth grit, I feel my hands becomes sore after clenching them, balled up into fists.
I was angry, I didn't want to see anyone, my chest raises up and down, my eyes narrow, I didn't even notice it, but I become blind with rage.
I stare down at the city I lived in, I see buildings burn and people run around, either in fear because they were being chased or in thrill because they were the ones chasing.
I hate it here.
I hear the roofs door open and close, I turn around to see y/n, she has headphones in and is smiling, it seems like she came up here to be alone, but once she saw me she smiled even more.
but for some reason, at the time, it made me so mad.
but why?...
she walked over to me, standing next to me at the ledge of the tall building.
she slides the headphones off her ears, and that's when she began to notice my sour expression.
"woah miles, are you okay," she asks, tilting her head, the smile on her face fades, but it's still somewhat there.
"what do you think?" I lash back, her face warps to be somewhat shocked.
"huh?? what's wrong miles, did something happen?" she asks worried, she didn't know I was a bad guy, so I couldn't tell her, even if I wanted to.
"no, just leave me alone." I demand, but she doesn't listen.
"miles you can tell me if something is wrong, I wouldn't judge you for whatever is making you feel like this," she says, but she's wrong, if she found out what I did, she would hate me, forever.
"just. go." I try making it more clear I want her gone.
"miles-" she says one last time, as she brings her hand up to touch my shoulder, but she couldn't continue what she wanted to say.
maybe it's because she touched me that triggered me so much, but I felt rage fill my head, at the time, I wasn't thinking straight at all.
"don't touch me." I shout, bringing my hands up, clutching her shirt, I push her around a little, she yells as she almost falls over the edge, but I didn't see it, even though she tried to warn me.
"im sorry miles! p-please!..let me go!" she begs, I ignore it again, how stupid could I be?
"no. you think you can just do what you want all the time?! I told you to go, just listen, why can't you listen you fucking idiot??" I yell, I don't even remember why I said this, but I did.
"miles, you're scaring me!.." she says loudly, she tries to smile while saying it, but I could tell she was terrified.
"do you really think I care? why was everything suppose to be about you? who do you think you are!?" I shout, as I began to walk forward, and she began to walk backward, towards the edge, towards the end.
she puts her hands up in defense, trying to smile to me, trying to calm me down, but I continued my fit of rage, like a 'fucking idiot'.
"you know the world doesn't revolve around you, get your self together," she trips over a brick, making her stumble over, she was so close to the end, how could I not see it..?
"stop being so..selfish!" I scream
"miles!" she shouts back, as she falls over, tripping over the ledge, and for that split second I snap out of it, as I see her begin to lose her balance, I reach out.
but then she falls.
and I watch her fall.
...
and she was dead.
and I see something else fall after her.
little droplets.
tears.
my tears.
[ flash back end ]
*regular pov*

"....angry?" you asked, you voice shook a little, you felt a little nervous again, the other version of you died..because he was angry?..
you didn't feel safe anymore.
hell, you didn't even feel safe before.

you take a few steps back, a nervous smile begins to form on your face.
you see miles eyes watch you, his eyes follow you ask you can see a hint of annoyance from you backing up away from him.
miles was starting to notice how history was repeating itself, right in front of him, you acted the same just like her, and you didn't even know.

you walk backward, not looking where you were heading, you just wanted to be back on the roof, with miles, when he was about to tell you something.
suddenly you glitched, falling straight on your ass again, a small 'oof' sound escaped your lips as you try to catch your breath.

"where are you going? do you really think you can leave, just because I untied you?." he asked, even though none of it was a question, he steps closer to you, you shake your head slowly, then quickly, 'no..no, no no!' was the best way to describe the motion, you dragged yourself away from him, still on the ground, still glitching, but you didn't let that stop you this time.

well, actually eventually you were stopped, but something you couldn't get away from, a wall.

you were backed against a wall, a corner where you couldn't escape from him, he still followed you where you went, and he is steps moved so slowly, it was like torture.

you had said before that you didn't want to die alone, but if it was him, you'd rather be alone.
you bring your knees up to your chest, and your hands up to your eyes and ears, curled up in the ball like a kid, you tried to block out all your senses so that it didn't feel as real as it actually was, you tried not to breath, to hear, to see, to feel.

but sadly, you still did feel the hand that was placed on the top of your head.
you cowardly shake, you sort of whimper too from the fear, you tried not to make a sound but you couldn't help it, damn, you really did feel like a dog, like a mutt that was thrown on the side of the road, and couldn't take any human interaction without fearing for their life.
you didn't want to be compared to a dog though.
but something's couldn't be helped.

miles scoffs, even though it wasn't funny for him.

"y/n..why can't you just let me do what I want to do?" he asks, but for the first time, he speaks in a softer manner, you didn't hear it though, due to you covering your ears like a kid.
he didn't want to hurt you.
he didn't want to make any mistakes he made before.

he brings his hand back, away from your head, he begins to realize after a moment.
he replays the words back in his head..' -why can't you let me do what I want to do?- '
it clicks in his head.
he was the selfish one.
all along.
and he didn't even realize his mistake.
like a fool.
like a 'fucking idiot'.
he starts to see all the mistakes he has ever made, play out, right in front of his eyes.

while you still coward and pray, that miles would disappear.

okay I'm finally done of this chapter, after two long parts it's done 😭
unless maybe you guys want a part 3?
but I won't do a part 3 unless it's requested.
I don't really think it needs a part 3..but maybe it kinda does?? 😼
hope you enjoyed!

sorry my writing is so corny, but it's so hard to express emotions in writing, it's easier to draw or voice it. smh </3 😕