; hobie brown ⛆ ❥ bad birthday *

its my birthday today !
and as promised, I will be making various chapters of all the different characters celebrating y/n's birthday !
( but of course, you can insert your own birthday, and not June 23 😅😁💗💗)

⛆ ❥ - fluff ( sort of angst? not sure 🤷‍♀️)
character - hobie brown
takes place - hobies universe
enjoy !
( quick note ! hobie will be 20 in this one shot )

today was your special day of the year, your birthday.
although you hated getting older, you couldn't help but feel excited, you turned 19.

you've never really celebrated your birthday, so you never had a birthday party or anything, or being gifted presents, even though you wanted it so bad, especially when you were younger, but your parents really didn't want to celebrate a day just because someone was born on it.
so you never had parties for yourself.
it made you feel sad when you were younger.
but now that you are able to make your own decisions, you want to celebrate.
but you don't know how?

you pulled out your phone.
you decided that you were gonna send a message to a large group chat you were in.
this group chat had at least 15 people in it, and they were all your friends, well most of them were, but the other people you didn't know that well.
you wrote in the messages.
"todays my birthday, so I was wondering if any of you guys wanted to go out with me to celebrate?"
people quickly began responding.
a childhood friend of yours wrote.
"you celebrate your birthday? since when?? 😂"
another friend wrote.
"sure I'll do something! like what though?"
you replied with.
"I don't know 🤷‍♀️"

suddenly, you saw an icon appear, which means someone else joined, it was hobie.
he wasn't exactly your friend, but he was more of friends with everyone else, you never had a chance to interact with him, other than in this group chat.
while everyone was writing something, hobie started typing, you were curious on what he was gonna reply with.

"we could have a party at my place, if you wanna" he wrote.
the question caught you off guard.
it was pretty kind of him to offer his place up for a party, for a person he doesn't know extremely well.

as soon as he wrote that, everyone was agreeing with him in chat with messages that were cheerful.
everyone liked hobies place, you heard it had cool 'things' there, but you had no idea what those 'things' were.
'things' could range from drugs, to costumes, to instruments, to full on wolves.
you didn't know what cool things meant.
but you were down to have a party at his place if he wanted too.

but suddenly..
you were kicked out the group chat.
.
.
.
why?

you were extremely confused on why you were suddenly kicked, when you had a friend text you.

"omg y/n im so sorry, f/n kicked you out the group chat because we wanted to make surprise plans for the party, and it wouldn't be a surprise if you knew ... 😭 but we"ll add a back after the party!" your friend apologizes.
oooohh
that makes more sense.
how was it a surprise if you already knew about the party in general though?
well, you'll just have to assume they are planning something fun.

and for now, you have to wait until the party will start.

however long that'll take.