CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 39 |  Verses  |

I laughed at his message. Hindi ko alam kung kikiligin ba ako o maki-cringe. Gumamit ba naman ng bible verse para!

I imagine Yijin's face from before whenever he tried to prove his point or something using a bible verse. This is very him and it's so funny.

Syempre hindi ako magpapatalo, I typed my reply.

Ako:

Ephesians 1:16

Cease not to give thanks for you.

Nakangiti kong senind iyon, I hope he's not familiar of the verse or he will not looked for it.

But bruh! I almost forgot that it's Yijin whom I'm competing with. Sobrang bilis niyang nakapag-reply.

Yijin:

May kasunod pa 'yan, eh.

Uminit ang pisngi ko. He knows the bible verse. Obviously!

Ako:

Anong kasunod? Hanggang d'yan lang!

Maang ko sa text.

Yijin:

Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers.

Ephesians 1:16

Yijin:

Does this mean you're praying for me?

I bit my lower lip and stiffle my shrieks. Oh, gosh. . .  paano ba pigilan ang sarili na kiligin? Pakiramdam ko bumalik ako sa pagiging teenager bigla.

Yijin:

You're praying for me huh, you're mentioning me in your prayers?

I pouted and tried to calmed down.

Ako:

Huwag assuming po : (

Yijin:

Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight.
             — Proverbs 12:22

My eyes widened at his reply. Is he teasing me now?

Yijin:

Hala ka! Don't you want to be His delight?

Ako:

Are you saying I'm lying?

It was sarcasm, but I made it looked like I'm serious and offended of what he texted. Deep inside natatawa na lang ako, doing everything para umamin ako? It's like he's blackmailing me from the words of God to make me admit that I'm praying for him. Which is basically true.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit matagal siyang nakapag-reply. Siguro ay inisip niya na na-offend ko siya.

Yijin:

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. It was just. . . I'm really sorry.

I bit my lower lip, I want to laugh pero agad din akong na-guilty.

Ako:

Proverbs 15:29
The Lord is far from the wicked: But He heareth the prayer of the righteous. 

Do you know what I prayed for?

I asked him that.