CHAPTER 42

CHAPTER 42 |  Erased  |

"I do. . . love you so much. How can you make me fall so hard for you?"

Yijin took my breathe away. I looked at him with obvious shock on my face. Did he just say he loves me? He's looking at me with awe, it's like he's giving his all by saying those words.

"Yijin. . ." My heart hurt so much. It beats so fast but it hurts at the same time. Foreign feelings are mixing up inside me, feelings that I couldn't even name.

Biglang umulan nang malakas. Sa gitna nang dumadagundong na sestima ko, nakisabay ang panahon.

He sighed and dropped his hands on the steering wheel to hold my hands. It's obviously cold now but his hands bring warmth not just to my body but also to my soul.

"Chantal, I can't help it anymore but to tell you how much I love you. I'm not saying this because I want to have you but yeah. . . part of it. But, the love I have for you is so powerful and overflowing. I've never felt this before, I've never love like this before. I love you so much that I can't lose you. I love you so much that I can't afford to not have you by my side."

My eyes watered. I never felt this way too, I never experienced someone love me this way. An intense kind of love, powerful and overflowing. I never met someone who told me he can't afford to lose me. To not have me by his side.

Hearing it from Yijin feels so good. Hearing it from him erased all the doubts for myself, all the self-worth questioning vanished, all the I don't matter to anyone thoughts left my mind. Because hearing from Yijin that he do love me is all that matters. Hearing from him that he can't lose me is enough for me that I do matter, hearing him say he wants to have me by his side is an enough assurance that I am not lost. That I have a space to fill, someone wants me, someone cares for me, and someone loves me.

"Before in Lusiento, I admire you so much. Your smile, the way you stood and look at me. I admire it so much. The way you speak in kindest way you could, how you treat others, how you stand out in all the things you do. I admire it. I admire your mind, heart, and soul. I admire all the good in you. But now, Chantal. . . I love everything about you. From your wounded heart, weary eyes, sad smile, breakdowns. I love it all, even the way you turn me down? I love it all. I love every side of you now Chantal. And not having you in my life, I don't know where to put this love. Because I want to pour it to you, let me love you. You deserve so much love."

Tuloyan na 'kong naiyak. Yijin is pleading to let him love me. Can you imagine that? A someone is pleading to let someone love him?

How can I not. I am longing for it. He don't have to beg, I am the one longing for love. Yijin is full of love, me? I'm not. But he's the one begging now to love me.

Huminga ako nang malalim, gusto kong magsalita at sabihin sa kanya ang pinakamagandang bagay na gusto kong marinig niya mula sa 'kin. Kaya lang ay nahihirapan ako.

"Yijin. . ." I held his hands tightly. Saglit na bumaba ang tingin niya sa kamay naming dalawa. Mabuti at ginawa niya iyon, nagkaroon ako ng lakas na sabihin ang nararamdaman ko ng hindi tumitingin sa mga mata niya. "Mahal kita."

Agad na nagtama ang mga mata naming dalawa. I saw the shock in his eyes, his jaw dropped and he stiffined because of what I said.

"Mahal kita," ulit ko. Sa pagkakataong ito, nakatingin na 'ko sa kanyang mga mata. I smiled at him nervously but with a happy heart. "Mahal kita—" He suddenly pulled me for a tight hug.

I can't say anything, my heart is now at rest in his arms.

We stayed like that for a moment. Hugging each other, allowing myself to feel the comfort he is giving me. How ironic to feel so good, but outside of his car is the harsh drops of rain.