VIIII.

"MyMy

"MyMy."

"Yes?" Mylachi smiled at him. "You are so fine."

"Thank you, but we gotta talk."

"Okay." Mylachi nodded. "I'm listening."

Xion nodded and rubbed his hands together, before squeezing them tight. "Look. . Ion just own businesses and invest. I do other shit too."

Mylachi nodded for him to keep going. "I run the streets," he said watching her eyebrows furrowed before softening and leaning back, "and I sale drugs and guns. . I also be into it with opps and shit. BeBe live around there. . I'm a Hoover Crip, and we got beef with the Nine Trey Bloods. That's why I ain't open your car door and shit that time. . But I'm still a good guy, MyMy," he pleaded as she looked off.

Xion's feelings got hurt as he watched her scuff and shake her head in disappointment. The lights near them let him know that her eyes were glossing over with tears.

"I swear I'm a good dude, I know you hear it all the time. . I ain't keep this from you to drop a bomb on you like this, it was to figure out how deep we was gonna get. It's rumored I be into it but nobody know for real, but ion want you to be blind to what comes with me. Or ever feel like I would involve you in my shit. I never have illegal anything when I'm around you, whatsoever. I would never want you to hold drugs and guns, or take my charges for me, God Forbid I ever get into some shit."

"Xion," she shook her head. "You know I don't like that stuff."

"I know. But I do legal shit too. Everything I invested in was with clean money. The house we in, the cars we be in. The money I spend on you. ."

"Okay. . But Xion. . I know what street people do and what they go through. . I know you had to kill someone. I know you have had deaths on your hands by the drugs you've sold. You probably did jail time."

"I've been arrested but I never been to jail or prison before. I'm not gonna lie though, I am on the cop's search list."

"So what is it exactly? How deep are you in this?"

"Deep." Xion said making her sigh. "But I wanna get out, I do."

"I mean damnit, you're well off clearly, you could do it without being so deep into the streets Xion. You couldn't even open my car door!" She sternly whispered. "Is that why you got beef with KG?"

"Yeah. . He said something to you?"

"He mentioned it to Xyla in front of me. She told me it wasn't that serious but I met him on BeBe's side of town, and he gave us some weed. It was clear from that, that he was a street dude."

"It's not even beef for real."

"So what happened?"

"My brother and his cousin used to hang out," Xion told Mylachi. Looking at her since he had her full attention again, he sighed as he grabbed a napkin, and leaned forward passing it to her, "My god-brother, his cousin and some other boy from the hood, all fucked the same girl, but my brother cuffed her. . Long story short, his cousin fucked her again while they was together and my brother killed him. KG's cousin's homies found out who did it and killed my god-brother. KG was already bangin' but I wasn't. We was young but I ain't know he was doing that. I ended up moving shortly after, and became Hoover in New York. . We still hung out when I moved back, but then niggas got into it, and KG picked a side. We both had to though. It's just respect there but he actually value it. I don't trust his homies. Same goes for my side. Them Niggas scary anyway." Xion muttered.