Chapter Three

Arthur stood up as the Spanish goddess made her way to the table

Arthur stood up as the Spanish goddess made her way to the table. John was wondering who the hell she was, while Thomas thought the same along with wondering how in the fuck, she knows Arthur. "Arthur! How are you?" Aurelia asks giving him a kiss on the cheek, her gloved hands resting on his upper arm while his hands were respectfully on her shoulders. "Now that The Angel has graced us with her presence, I couldn't be better, dear." Arthur said making Aurelia roll her eyes with a blush. She turns to the two other Shelby's at her table with a welcoming smile. "Hello, gentleman I am Aurelia, but people around here call me The Angel."

The way she rolled her 'r' when saying her name was like she was caressing the ears of the two younger Shelby's. "Well, Angel, name's John." The youngest of the three introduces himself holding his hand out. Aurelia took his hand to shake it but of course John turned her gloved hand over and played a kiss on the fabric with a wink. "If I didn't know better, John, I would think you were a married man trying to flirt with me." Aurelia said taking a glance at his wedding ring with a raised brow. "Good thing I know better ah, John?" She smirked and John nodded his head, an expression full of respect and a bit of disappointment.

"That must make you, Thomas?" Aurelia guessed looking at Thomas holding her hand out for him to shake which he did. The way she said his name was very different, a cultural difference Tommy guessed, but he found it even more charming which made her all the more dangerous. "That's right." Thomas said simply and with a slight cold tone in his deep voice. The draft of his words sent chills between Aurelia's wings, an effect which she did very well to not show as she took off her gloves. "Well then, Welcome to The Haven." She said before sitting down in the vacant chair meant for the owner of the club.

"So, what brings you all to London?" She asks pouring herself a glass of white rum crossing her legs to get comfortable in her seat. "Holiday. Pardon but, do you know the owner? You his wife?" Thomas asks partially confused but mostly wanting to get down to business, his obvious incessant need to know everything shining through. "I'm no one's wife, Thomas. I am the owner." Aurelia says taking a sip of her rum the warmth of alcohol spreading from her stomach to her chest. She looked around at each of her girls a few of them motioning to their customer with their head, with a nod from their Angel, they take them upstairs to one of the rooms. They do this so Aurelia can keep tabs on them and can move some security to each of their floors in case they need it.

"You're the owner?" John asks a bit in shock. "Yes, I am. Every brick and bit in here are owned by me and these lovely people work with me." Aurelia gestured around, proud of what she has accomplished. "With?" Thomas asks bringing a cup of whiskey to his lips. "Hm?" The beauty question, getting a cigarette out of her purse. "They don't work for you they work with you. You're the owner, the boss, yet you put yourself on the same level as them, why?" Thomas asks. He's quite curious, that's quite dangerous. "I'm called The Angel of London. You know why, Thomas?" Aurelia asks taking a candle from the middle of the table and bringing it to her cigarette to light it. He tilted his head ever so slightly as indication to explain. "Because no matter what they've been through I still give them a chance, I treat them like humans while the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about them." She tells him honestly.