Chapter Thirty-One

They had been talking over conditions in the papers that needed further clarification for almost an hour

They had been talking over conditions in the papers that needed further clarification for almost an hour. Mostly it was Steven's Lawyer making sure Aurelia didn't want anything at all with Felton money or business which she didn't. "Now here it says that should any child that has been born as a result of the marriage between Ms. Cruz and Mr. Felton would be in full custody of Ms. Cruz with no contact between the child or children and Mr. Felton?" Steven's lawyer reads from the document. "That is what is says." Aurelia replies with her posture fixed. It was non-negotiable, Steven would have nothing to do with Marianna ever. "Ms. Cruz this is absurd-." "Let her keep the mutt if there is one. Wouldn't want a spic child anyway." Steven interrupts his lawyer casting sadistic grin to Aurelia who only tightened her jaw and clenched her hands to keep herself from bashing the racist fuck over the head. "If that's all then let's get to signing?" Aurelia replies with kind impatience. "Uh- alright then." Steven's lawyer said in mild discomfort. "So, Aurelia, indulge me. Do you work here as a maid, or do you just fetch drinks?" Steven asks with a laugh, and it hit Aurelia that he doesn't know she owns the club and is making good money. She doesn't answer, no, Aurelia sits and watches him and his lawyer sign both papers and slide them over to her and her lawyer.

"Have you forgotten how to speak when spoken to?" Steven antagonizes and Aurelia signs the last copy of the divorce and smiles. "I'm not accustomed to being spoken to like that. You want an answer? Then ask, respectfully." Aurelia says handing her copy of the divorce papers to her lawyer to get it finalized by a judge with Steven's lawyer. "Respect? After you took off and left that little 'Fuck you' note? Who the fuck do you think you are?" Steven shouted getting up his chair slamming against the floor at the force of his action. "I think I'm the woman who finally escaped you, Steven. You're a pig, a coward and you get your fucking rocks off on hitting and raping women. A missing wife and a 'Fuck you' was mercy compared to what I should have done to you." Aurelia says simply taking out a cigarette and lighting it. "You threatening me, now, eh? Why the sudden divorce, hm? Find another man, did we? Another bloke to deal with your shite?" Steven had gotten as close to her face as he could with her cigarette in the way to intimidate her, overpower her physically but Aurelia remained with this unbothered façade.

"Does he know that you're used up, hm? That you're broken?" Steven tries to dig under her skin again. "Still not respectful." Aurelia notes a loud blowing her smoke in his face. "Sir, I think you should go now while Mr. Duncan and I go to Judge Carsen to get these finalized?" Steven's lawyer tried to interrupt the situation, but Steven was hellbent on answers. "Just curious on what my ex-wife has been doing all these years! Tell me, Aurelia, is he a 'no-speaky' like you?" Steven is unrelenting in his question and trying to pull on every nerve Aurelia has, the tension all seeming one sided as she remained stoic. "Actually, he's a gypsy." Thomas' voice rang through the room and Aurelia's head snapped over just as well as Steven's and the lawyers. "Who the fuck are you?" Steven asks standing up and away from Aurelia. "Thomas Shelby. Aurelia's new man. You must be Steven." Thomas said striding over standing between Steven and Aurelia.

Thomas assessed Steven and figured he wouldn't need to put up much of a fight to cut him up like the bastard fucking deserved. Aurelia sent the lawyers a look which they understood to mean to get out, and they did. "You're going to be his whore now, eh, Aurelia?" Steven asks and his choice to ask her instead of face Thomas which didn't escape the blinders notes on the abusive fuck. "I'd rather be his whore than your wife." Aurelia said smashing out her cigarette, Thomas was proud of her for that come back and most importantly she was proud of herself. Steven, however, had forgotten his place and took a step forward almost lunging at her, Thomas grabbed him by his shirt and pushed him onto the table taking off his razor cap holding the shiny blade close to Steven's eye. "You'll never lay a fucking hand on her again. Oi! You listen to me! Never touch her or talk to her again!" Thomas shouted his demand scarring Steven shitless as he realized who exactly Thomas was.

Aurelia softly touched Thomas' shoulder and leaned in, to whisper in his ear her tone as alluring as ever. The rare sight of an angel seducing a demon from sin. "Don't stain your hands with his blood, Thomas. He isn't worth it. Let him live with his misery." She coaxed Thomas away from Steven. Thomas landed a punch to Steven's face before letting go an standing behind Aurelia holding her by the waist as she looked her ex-husband in the eyes. "I never want to see you again. Now get out of my club. Go!" She said to Steven and her ex-husband scrambled out of the club with his tail between his legs. "Why didn't you let me blind him? After everything he's fucking done to you!" Thomas says still angry; throwing is cap on the table. Aurelia's employees start coming out from the back room where they had been hiding the last hour or so. Aurelia picked up the cap and put it on her own head. "And ruin such a nice hat?" Aurelia teased but Thomas found no humor. He wanted to shred Steven Felton to bits. "Why didn't you say he was here over the phone, Aurelia? What did he want?" Thomas' frustration and worry was cute to Aurelia, she's never seen him like this. She turned and stepped closer to him taking his cap off and putting it on the table before placing her hand on his shoulder and her other hand on his cheek. "He came with his lawyer to go over the divorce papers and sign. He didn't do anything to me except spew a few hateful words and asks petty questions." She reassures him looking him deep in the eyes. He examined her for a good moment before settling.

"I thought you had a meeting?" She asked him now that he wasn't chomping at the bit to murder her ex-husband. "It was here in London with Campbell. He told me he has people watching you and Ada, even her house. He told me that before the meeting he got a call from one of his men that Steven Felton was seen walking into your club. I came here as soon as the meeting was through." He explained before he held her face in his hands keeping his lazuline eyes locked on her cinnamon ones. "You need to tell me these types of things now. Everything, you need to tell me. Understand, Aurelia? All of it. If he shows up, if there's cars following you, if you have a fucking cold or Marianna sniffles. You tell me, alright?" He demands seriously. "What are you? My husband?" She jokes when he goes to scold her for the joke, she grabs Thomas' wrists and pulls his hands down and together holding them to her heart. "I'll tell you if there's anything going on that seems dangerous to mine or Marianna's well-being, if that's what you want." She finds herself assuring him again and he nods as she lets his hands go. He takes his pocket watch and flips it open to check the time. "You should go, I still have a club to run and I'm sure you still have business to get to." Aurelia gives him an out and he takes it with a nod. He puts a hand on her cheek and goes to kiss her on the lips, but she pulls away giving him a look that says he still has some decisions to make before they continue as they were before, so he settles on kissing her on the forehead saying a quick goodbye to her staff and exiting her club. "Um, mind telling us what the actual fuck all that was?" Dorothy asks with her hands on her hips speaking for the collective Haven family.