Chapter Thirty-Nine

As the rest of the night continued for the small Shelby-Cruz family, a group of six caravans in Liverpool had just been told that the home's previous owner had passed away and his daughter moved to London after selling them the home

As the rest of the night continued for the small Shelby-Cruz family, a group of six caravans in Liverpool had just been told that the home's previous owner had passed away and his daughter moved to London after selling them the home. The travelling family decided to head to London to look for their prodigal niece rather than settling for the night. When morning came around Aurelia woke up beside Thomas and smiled. She planted a soft kiss to the healing scratch on his brow before getting out of bed and getting herself and Marianna up and ready for the day. As Aurelia was doing Marianna's hair Thomas had woken up and dressed himself and as he got dressed, he heard little Marianna talking to Aurelia.

"Is Princess Ada my Tia (Aunt)?" "Yes, amorcita." "Does Papa have brothers?" "He has three brothers. Arthur, John and Finn." "Do I have cousins from Papa's family?" Thomas had made it to the open door of Marianna's room as this question came up and he saw Aurelia tying a bow in their daughters' hair. "You have five cousins from your uncle John and one cousin from your aunt Ada." Thomas answers and Mariana's head snaps over to him and a smile appears on her face. "Good morning, Papa!" She says and Thomas beams at the title, he walks over and places a kiss on her head then moves and places a kiss on Aurelia's lips. "Good morning to you both." He speaks barely moving from Aurelia making her laugh. "Morning, mi alma. (My soul)" She says with a grin and Thomas doesn't have a clue what she called him and she giggles at his confusion. "Oh mi gringo, you have much to learn." She says pecking his lips before getting up and taking Mariana's hand walking to the kitchen with Thomas following.

Meanwhile, the Caravans filled with a family searching for their missing member was getting looks on the London streets one of the women in the back of the caravan stuck her head out the covered window. "Mira (Look), Ronaldo, are we going to stop any time soon? Or do you men plan on having the whole family cramped until we by some miracle find our prima (cousin)?" Ronaldo's sister, Maria, complained making her brother roll his eyes. "Calma, hermana, calma. (Calm down, sister, calm down.) Let's stop at that hotel over there, we'll stretch our legs and use the phone." He says motioning to his other brother driving the caravans behind him that they are going to stop at the hotel ahead, The Haven.

When Aurelia had breakfast with Thomas and Marianna that morning she suggested a celebration at the Haven, for the successful expansion to London and Thomas thought it would be a good idea. So as the couple walked their daughter to school, they ironed out the details of the celebration per Aurelia's request. "I'll go to Ada's after we drop Mari off and talk to her and Pol, call my brothers as well." Thomas said before taking a drag of his cigarette. "Good I'll call Alfie and let him know about it and I'll tell the girls and the men at the club." Aurelia says and while she's grateful to Alfie she wishes she kept in touch with her aunts and cousins in Spain, they still travelled so it's not like she could send them a letter or call them. "Can I go?" Marianna asks pulling on both her momma and papa's arms.

Thomas and Aurelia looked at one another from a moment before Marianna pulled on Thomas' arm and gave him her best puppy eyes before saying in the sweetest voice: "Please, papa?" Aurelia thought it wouldn't work but then she could practically see Thomas melt at Marianna's plea. "Oh god she's already got you wrapped around her little finger." Aurelia noted making both Thomas and Marianna turn to her giving her a look of objection. "I'm fine with her being there if you are, I want it to be the whole family tonight anyways." Aurelia said as they walked up the steps to Marianna's school. The three walked the halls to the lunchroom where all the children gather before class and a few gasps were heard as they walked then the murmurs started. "He's a peaky. My dad read about them in the paper." Aurelia heard a kid say. "That's the lady that scares the headmaster." A teacher whispered to another, and Marianna wasn't oblivious to the stares and whispers she just didn't care. "Hi Ms. Geller!" Marianna says happily to her teacher. "Hello Ms. Marianna! Who is it you brought with you today?" The teacher asked seeing Aurelia who she remembered but not the gentleman holding Marianna's other hand.

"Hello Ms. Geller, if you remember I'm Marianna's mother." Aurelia said holding her hand out for a handshake. "Yes, Ma'am it's a pleasure to see you again." The teacher said still slightly scared of Aurelia though she still shook her hand. "This is Thomas Shelby." Aurelia said Gesturing to Thomas. "I'm Marianna's father." He introduces himself and the group of children behind Ms. Geller gasp. "Oh, how lovely to finally meet you sir." Ms. Geller says shaking his hand as well before looking to Marianna. "We are doing some more arts and crafts today, your favorite, are you excited?" The teacher says and Marianna nods her head vigorously. "Great, darling just join the rest of the class." The teacher says and Marianna pulls both her Parents down by their arm. "Bye Momma!" She says placing a kiss on her mother's cheek. "Bye Papa!" She says planting a kiss on Thomas' cheek this time before running off to her class.

"Ms. Cruz, Mr. Shelby, I want to let you know how great your little girl is and I personally wanted to thank you for keeping her in this school despite the recent issues with other students." Ms. Geller said, and Thomas placed his arm around Aurelia's waist before speaking. "The bullying, you mean?" Thomas said bluntly and the teacher cleared her throat before stuttering out a 'yes'. "Well, it's alright so long as it doesn't happen again, I think we can agree that it won't right Ms. Geller?" Thomas says his face stoic but Aurelia's smirking. "Yes, sir, of course." Ms. Geller said getting more nervous. "Good." He says simply before he and Aurelia wave to their daughter and walk out of the school. "I'll see you later tonight, Darling." Thomas said planting a kiss on Aurelia's lips. "See you tonight." She said back and they both smiled at one another before walking in their separate directions.