Chapter Twenty-Eight

A day had passed, and Aurelia's address was burning a hole in his pocket

A day had passed, and Aurelia's address was burning a hole in his pocket. He decided that he needed answers, at least before he was killed by Chester Campbell, so the day before his Sunday meeting with Chester Thomas drove to London and parked a few blocks away from The Haven waiting for her to leave. Meanwhile within the walls of the club Aurelia was talking to Alfie over the phone. "What the fuck do you mean peace with the fucking Italians and war with the Gypsies?! This better be part of one of your insane fucking plans Alfie or did you forget your fucking sister and niece also have gypsy blood?" She whispers shouted through clenched teeth. "I've got it all under control sister. Just need the fucking wop distracted, yeah?" He said and she sighed.

She had been talking with Winston Churchill a few days ago negotiating the protection of Thomas Shelby from Major Chester Campbell during some mission that Mr. Churchill had told her about. Winston had loose lips when he trusted and favored someone, and he surely favored Aurelia and her girls. He was practically giddy when she called since he had been wanting to create a few more works on the female form with her girls as the stars, three of them had left this morning to Winston's office with two members of security. "Sorry just a lot going on with business and personal. I uh- I went to a lawyer yesterday. I'm filing for divorce." She told her brother. She was tired of Steven Felton's spirit following her around and ruining her life, it was time she cut him out of her life for good.

Alfie was silent for a moment before speaking. "If that fucking lowlife sodomite tries to take my niece away, yeah? I'll fucking skin 'im." Alfie threatens seriously. "He won't. I put in the divorce papers that if there was a child as a result of the marriage, I would have full custody. The rest of the papers say how I don't want his money or property I simply want to be legally separated and complete custody over any child of ours I may have borne. Slipped it in as fine print." She said still wavering on if Steven would even care that she had his child. "He'll be getting served with a copy of the divorce filing tomorrow." She looked at the time and saw that she needed to leave to be home in time to make dinner "I've got to get home, Alfie. Promise me you'll be careful with that Sabini fucker." She demands. "I'm always careful, sister. Always careful." He assures. "Good. Alright we'll talk later, Alf. Love you. Bye." She says getting a 'love you too.' In response then hanging up getting her coat and hat. She smooths out the shirt of her suit before walking out bidding a goodbye to her employees saying she'd see them in the morning.

Thomas followed Aurelia with his eyes as she walked away from her club then down an alley. He looked down at his map and the address and drove there. It was minutes before he saw her walk down the street and into the front door of the home. It was decently sized, nice, and friendly looking on the outside. He got out of his car and walked across the street to her front door and knocked. "One moment!" He heard her shout from the inside. He heard the locks turn and the door open. "You got here earlier than-." She stopped talking when she saw it was Thomas at her door. "Expecting your husband?" He asks in a somewhat petty manor though in a way it was deserved. "Thomas. How- how did you? Uh, why are-?" Her brain tries to push all her questions out at once as she looks around behind him. "Come inside." She decides on inviting him in, opening the door further to let him pass.