Chapter Fourty-One

Aurelia was sat next to Thomas at a table watching Marianna play with her cousins as the band played with Ronaldo and Ricardo dancing and singing on stage

Aurelia was sat next to Thomas at a table watching Marianna play with her cousins as the band played with Ronaldo and Ricardo dancing and singing on stage. All of Aurelia's cousins were either dancing or helping Tia with the food, it truly felt like a haven in that moment. "Alright, Aurelia, your cousins have worn me down they have." Alfie claimed sitting down across from the two lovers making Aurelia laugh. "Careful, Alfie, she could make you fall in love. Our Maria there has been known to make men fall to their knees after a dance." Aurelia said to her brother as she leaned into Thomas' side. Nadia walks to the table as Aurelia gives Alfie his warning and she scoffs. "Please, Aurelia, you were the one who taught us how to enslave a man with a dance." Nadia said making Aurelia's eye widen and send her cousin a look. "Oh really? Is that what you did with me?" Thomas asks in a joking tone. "No, but I will later." Aurelia said winking at him before the doors to the Haven opened again and in walked the entire Shelby clan.

Thomas stood up and helped Aurelia get up as well. "Marianna! Come here, princessa!" Aurelia called to her daughter who politely excused herself before running to her parents. Thomas picked Marianna up and the family of three walked over to the Shelby clan exchanging hellos with everyone. "Is this her?" Polly asks Aurelia gesturing to Marianna who had her head laying on Thomas' shoulder. "Mari, this is my aunt Polly. Pol, this is Marianna. My daughter." Thomas introduces and Polly smiles brightly as Marianna lifts her head and smiles. "Hi Miss Polly." Marianna says waving and Polly almost gushes at how cute the little girl is. "Oh, darling I'm your Aunt Pol now. Oh, look at that face you are just a doll, sweetheart!" Polly says pinching Marianna's cheek making her laugh. "Oi! Who's the little cutie?" Arthur asks coming up next to Polly gaining the rest of the family's attention all of whom were occupied by the looks of Aurelia's club.

Before Thomas could introduce Marianna, she introduced herself. "I'm Marianna and this is my momma and papa." She said with gusto pointing at her parents with pride making them both smile. "She's a Shelby alright." John said laughing and putting his arm around Esme, his kids looking at the new surroundings. "Mari, darling; That's your Uncle John, Uncle Arthur, Uncle Finn, you know your Aunt Ada, that's your aunt Esme. These are your cousins Karl, Katie, Lauren, John Jr., Samuel, Lisa, James and Anthony." Thomas goes introducing everyone to the little girl, pride shinning on his face as she waves at each of them and when he sets her down Marianna starts pulling them all to play with her and her other cousins.

"Holy Shit!" Arthur says once the kids walk away to play. He goes and grabs Aurelia by the shoulders in amazement. "You've got a fucken kid, and we only find out now? Bloody hell!" Arthur says making Polly roll her eyes and slap him upside his head. "You idiot of course she kept it secret. We don't exactly have the safest business neither did she until recently." Polly said making Aurelia laugh. "Let's go sit, drink, eat and dance? It's a night for celebrating after all?" Aurelia suggested getting happy whoops and cheers for Thomas' family as they dispersed into the room and joined the party. Thomas turned to his woman with a smile and wrapped his arms around her. "I think that went well, eh?" He said swaying them side to side making her smile widen as her hands rested on his chest. "Mmh I think so too." Aurelia agreed before Thomas kissed her deeply making her smile into the kiss.

The food had finished cooking, and everyone was making a plate for their kids, husbands, or themselves. "Alright I got rice, beans, chicken. Don't worry Alf its all kosher I checked." Aurelia said setting a plate down for Thomas, her daughter then herself. Just as Alfie was going to get up to make his own plate Maria came and set a full plate down in front of him. "Here you go, Mr. Solomons." She said with a flirty smile that made Aurelia bite back a laugh. "You can call me Alfie, dear." He said taking Maria's hand and kissing the back of it. Aurelia leans over to Thomas and whispers in his ear: "I give it a month before Alfie is completely wrapped around her finger." And Thomas chuckles making Aurelia giggle.

The night continued on smoothly and Aurelia's family (both by blood and by choice) were getting along well with Thomas'. "Ah, I don't know if I could believe that mate!" John shouts across the table to Ronaldo. "It's true! Aurelia nearly had a prince wrapped around her little finger at thirteen by a single dance!" Ronaldo says making a motion of crossing his heart. "Oh, I'd believe it John boy, she dances with Tommy one time an he was hooked." Arthur buts in making Thomas roll his eyes with a smile. "I could show you if you'd like?" Aurelia speaks up from her position by Thomas' side. "O'right! Go on then! Show us your little love spell Angel!" Arthur teases with a smile making Aurelia chuckle before she stood up and reached her hand out for Thomas. He looked at her held out hand for a moment, about to reject the notion of dancing, but then he looked into her eyes and without another thought took her hand and let her guide him to the dance floor. "Fucken 'ell." Arthur voiced quietly seeing his almighty brother being coaxed to dance wordlessly.

Aurelia motioned for Ricardo to come closer and as she whispered in his ear what song to play a devilish smile came across the musician's face. She went back to Thomas and smiled. "We are going to Salsa. It's really simple okay when I move this foot forward.." Aurelia started explaining how to dance to Thomas who followed along since it seemed simple enough. "...When you get comfortable you can spin me and dip me just keep on count, so we don't fall, okay?" She asked and Thomas nodded before taking her hand and pulling Aurelia close. The music started and they began to salsa gracefully their eyes meeting and beautiful smile on Aurelia's face. "What is he singing?" Thomas asks leaning close so Aurelia could hear him over the music. "The song is about a story of a man who fell in love with a goddess but another hateful god who loved the same goddess sent an army after him. The song is his last love letter to her before going to war." Aurelia explains before beginning to translate the song line by line. "My dearest love, I may not make it back to you as I am but my soul will forever be waiting in your heavens...To die by any other cause than loving you would be a sin in my eyes...my beautiful goddess, may I become your most loyal Angel in the afterlife, abiding by your every will... To reincarnate into any other life without you would be hell in my eyes..." She whispers in his ear, her voice velvet and her accent intoxicating him as her body moves effortlessly in sync with his. Thomas had gotten comfortable with the steps and decided to mix it up when he spun her and started putting his own little twist on the dance surprising Aurelia and everyone watching.

For the Shelby's it was like they were seeing a younger Tommy slowly melting with the Tommy that came home. He was still serious, and business driven but with Aurelia at his side he remembered how to laugh, how to love. "He's finally home, Pol." Ada whispered to her aunt with tears in her eyes. Polly looked at Tommy as he danced and smiled so lovingly with Aurelia and couldn't help but agree. Thomas was finally home. As he spun Aurelia away from him and back into him his smile was wide until her front was pressed against his and her leg latched around his waist. Their faces were so very close, and their breathing was heavy, both of them wanted to lean in and kiss but Aurelia wanted to tease him more. She let him lean in only to lean back into a dip just as the song ended. Thomas wasn't letting her get away that easily; he pulled her up and kissed her anyway making her laugh into the kiss. Yes, Thomas Shelby was back.