Chapter Thirty

Thomas strolled into the Catholic church walking pass pew after pew even the one Chester Campbell was sat in and starred at the altar in front of him with the statue of Jesus on the cross right there

Thomas strolled into the Catholic church walking pass pew after pew even the one Chester Campbell was sat in and starred at the altar in front of him with the statue of Jesus on the cross right there. Each window a glass portrait of his journey carrying the cross, sunlight shining through the colored glass depicting the three falls. "The date has been set." Chester starts knowing he wasn't going to gain Thomas sight just yet. "Three weeks from today. You checked his house?" Chester asks. "There're coppers all over it. You'll take care of them?" Thomas is a smart man; he knows Chester wants him dead but doesn't want the blood on his hands. Campbell wants to seem respectable, but his malice intents have been taking over since he set foot in Birmingham. "No. it would arouse suspicion. You'll have to deal with them yourself." The snake spoke. "And if a copper dies?" Thomas tests. "There will be no consequences for you. I have given you, my word." Chester's annoyed tone pushed. "Which I know to be worthless." Thomas starts. "That is why I have been settling my affairs in the event of my death." He was being honest and letting Campbell know that he saw the true motive. "And making your piece with God perhaps?" Campbell chuckles in mockery. "Well, good luck with that. Though I suppose you don't need muck luck with God when you have London's Angel in your hand." Chester was playing a dangerous game. "I've made arrangements, with men I trust. If I should die, then you will die. Know that." Thomas threatens in the house of God before leaving. The knocking of his fine leather shoes against the wooden floors being the only sound in the room. Campbell threw his knowledge of Aurelia at him to throw him off and get in his head, it worked. Thomas was going over what Chester could know and decided he would send some men over to watch her house. Thomas had also decided to return the gesture to Campbell while also being selfish himself. When he got to his office, he had a drink and a smoke to give himself some courage before he sat down and picked up the phone. "Ritz Hotel. London, Piccadilly." He told the receiver. "Hello?" A masculine voice called on the other line. Thomas moved the phone away from his ear, annoyed at getting someone other than who he needed, also because he knew that the man on the other line repeating 'hello, hello' was Grace's husband. Thomas hung up the phone without a single word.

Aurelia was fuming. She got a call from one of her girls that there had been Italians and coppers who attacked their security team and arrested them, nearly arresting the girls under the suspicion of prostitution but they trashed the club and found no evidence, so they left with our men under arrest for gangster activity. Aurelia knocked on the door of Alfie's bakery greeted by the usual door boy. "Hello, Miss-." "Where is he?" Her calm sharp voice asked. "I don't-." She doesn't let him finish his excuse as she pushes him aside and marches throw the bakery with him following trying to get her attention. "Miss, Mr. Solomons is busy at the moment." He tries to tell her only for her to whip around, blade out and at his throat. "I don't give a fuck if he's in a meeting, getting his dick sucked or the fucking king is in there with him. I am going to talk to him and if any of you fucking mindless snakes try and stop me; You'll have to explain to God in person why you're missing your fucking skin." She threatened him through clenched teeth, looking the poor sod in the eyes. She turned and walked into Alfie's office seeing him sat there doing paperwork. She walked over and stabbed her blade through the work he was currently doing. "Aurelia! Good to see you, sister." He says leaning back in his chair. "Cut the shit, Alfie, did you know they were coming? Cause, see, your men weren't there last night but your new fucking best friend sent his fucking wop friends and fucking coppers to my fucking club! Took my security and nearly arrested my fucking girls! Did you tell them I had Peaky Blinders working for me or not?!" She screamed at her brother, the nerve of him to jeopardize her business like that has her angry and disappointed.