Chapter Eleven

Alfie's little stay was fun for the mother and daughter, but he had to get back to his place in Camden Town, so he bid the family he chose all those years ago goodbye

Alfie's little stay was fun for the mother and daughter, but he had to get back to his place in Camden Town, so he bid the family he chose all those years ago goodbye. Alfie Solomons is a protective bastard when it came to Aurelia and Marianna, he has seen the two of them as his blood since the night he found Aurelia in her unopened club with Marianna still just a tiny baby in her mother's womb. So, seeing his sister talking to Thomas Shelby with a fucken smirk on her face that he hasn't seen from the single mother since he's known her, he is quite cautious.

Two nights before his meeting with Alfie turns out to be far more eventful for Thomas and Ada Shelby. Sabini's men had taken Ada off the streets of London while Sabini himself and a few of his other men decided to go after Thomas. "Fucking hold him!" One of the men said trying to hold a fighting, Thomas. They had already done a good amount of damage to the man. He could feel the shards of his broken ribs and his gorgeous face is scraped and beginning to swell. Once they got the Shelby man to stop fighting so much, a cocky Sabini walks up to Thomas like Moses parting the fucking sea. "Tommy Shelby," He starts before socking Thomas in the gut triggering another onslaught of abuse from his men onto the gypsy. "I missed you at my club." Darby feigns friendliness. "I was away at the races." Darby says as another punch was landed upon Thomas' face and Thomas' mouth fills with blood but the soldier in him refuses to show defeat. "Mr. Sabini" He puts a name to the man's face. While Thomas' torture goes on poor Ada is being grabbed at and recklessly driven around by Sabini's men who have nothing but ill intent for the young mother.

Thomas starts choking on his own blood as one of the men, Sewell was his name, cut out his gold tooth while the two men that held Tommy up made him keep his mouth open. Sewell flicked the brutally cut out tooth to his boss who held a sadistic grin. "See how much I know about you? I even know what's in your fucking mouth." Sabini's lesson is punctuated by Sewell landing three more blows to Thomas' gut causing the broken soldier to vomit. The sight angers the mobsters and so Sabini wipes the vomit into Thomas' eyes with his sleeve, the sights alone would cause any poor soul who sees it to get sick themselves, but no, not these twisted bastards. "Look at me. Look at me." Darby says to the barely conscious Shelby who once again started taking more hits. "You take up with the Jews. You think London works like that? You just come down pick a side? You fucking clown! Now your life is over." Thomas can feel himself slipping but Darby Sabini will have none of that as he forces the beaten man's eyes open.

With one last speech, that Thomas could barely hear over the pounding of pain in his skull, Sewell puts a gun to Thomas' head and all he feels is fear in all honesty Thomas was terrified. The shot went off and his life didn't flash before his eyes, but his family did. Polly, Arthur, John, Ada, Finn, his nieces and nephews, the faces of the men he served with in war, Freddie and Danny. All of them passed through his head in an instant and just before his vision went black, he saw an angel with her wings tattooed on her back and her pearly white smile from the night at the club. He fell unconscious with the sound of her laugh echoing in his mind. The bullet missed and ricocheted the police came bounding in sending Sabini and his men running and Chester Campbell looking down at a half dead Thomas Shelby.

With Thomas being rushed to the Hospital, in London the car driving with a screaming and fighting Ada Shelby came to a stop. As fate would have it Aurelia Cruz was leaving her club, bidding goodbye to the three blinders she had outside as security. "You boys have a good night; I have James making you lot a cup of tea it's freezing out he-" She was cut off by a scream the men around her were on alert instantly. Aurelia heard more screaming and saw a car across the street where it was coming from and started running to it until one of the blinders grabbed her arm. "Miss it's not safe for you." One of them said. Another scream sounded and Aurelia tugged her arm out of the blinders grip. "Well then two of you are going with me." She said before running to the car, blinders following. The blinders got in front of her guns drawn and opened the car door tugging the men away from Ada who got out and nearly tripped if she hadn't landed in Aurelia's arms. "Get off me! Please!" Ada thrashed unaware that she wasn't in danger anymore until Aurelia shook her. "It's alright! They can't hurt you anymore!" She shook the hysterical woman.