Chapter Forty-Two

It had been weeks since the celebration at The Haven, Tommy had been in Birmingham talking to Aurelia and Marianna on the phone every night, working every day, sending flowers to Aurelia's home or The Haven when he felt like it

It had been weeks since the celebration at The Haven, Tommy had been in Birmingham talking to Aurelia and Marianna on the phone every night, working every day, sending flowers to Aurelia's home or The Haven when he felt like it. Aurelia's home. Thomas didn't like that, he hated that actually. Especially when he heard Marianna's little voice on the phone ask when he would come and see them again. He missed them when he went to his house after a long day hunched over his desk and the quiet cold house is all he's greeted with. So, Thomas decided to get a large house in the country halfway between London and Birmingham with lots of fucking land. 'Arrow House' is beautiful, and he could picture their lives in that huge mansion of a home with all the things he's promised Aurelia and more. He just needs to see if she sees the same.

The Haven was doing great under Dougie's watchful eye when Thomas came and snagged Aurelia and Marianna for the weekend so he could show them the house. "Thomas, would you just tell me what is going on?" She asks laughing, Blind as she held her daughter by the shoulders who was also blind folded. "Then the surprise would be ruined, love." He said walking his girls to the front door. "There's some steps here." He told them and the exaggerated steps his girls took made him laugh. "Alright stay still." He said and the jingle of keys was herd before what sounded like the unlocking of something. "Alright. Come right through here, Princess. Watch your step." Thomas guided Marianna through the door before doing the same with Aurelia. He positioned them right where they could see the big foyer and the beautiful staircase that lead to the plenty rooms upstairs. He undid Marianna's blindfold then Aurelias and waited with nerves riddling his body for their reaction.

"Woah! Momma we're in a castle!" Marianna said with a huge smile which brought Thomas' own smile to his face. "This certainly is. Holy shit." Aurelia said before placing her hand over her mouth as the phrase echoed back to her causing her to giggle. She turned to Thomas in confusion. "Where are we?" She asks looking at the large barren home. Thomas walked to Aurelia and brought his hands to her face looking her in the eye with a lovely smile that she adored so. "This is Arrow House, I bought it for us." He said moving a stray piece of hair from her face. Aurelia's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Wh-." She started before looking around once more. "You're joking?" She asked making him laugh. "Don't joke with me Thomas! Is this our house or are you pulling my leg?" She asks through her own laughs. "It's ours, goddess. All ours. The house, the land, all of it." He confirms and Aurelia smiles shaking her head. "Holy Shit!" She screams into the house with it echoing back to her making Marianna look at her parents in question. "What do you say Mari? Want to pick your room?" Thomas asks pointing up the staircase and Marianna was only stunned for a moment before she went up the stairs in haste wanting to pick a room.

Aurelia laughed at Marianna's happiness before looking at her man with so much amazement and love. He turned to face Aurelia once he was sure Marianna got up the stairs safely and saw the smile on her face. "You are such a wonderful man, Thomas Shelby." She said to him wrapping her arms around his waist. "Only for you and our families. The rest of the world can get the heartless man from Birmingham." He joked with a smirk making Aurelia giggle. "Fuck everyone else. We just need each other and that little girl upstairs, hm, and family of course." She added making Thomas laugh before nodded. "But right now, I need a kiss." Aurelia said and Thomas raised his brows suggestively before leaning in and kissing Aurelia with all the passion he feels for the woman in his arms.