Chapter Fifteen

Aurelia knew Alfie was meeting with Thomas today and that her dear brother would try and scare Thomas away and possibly test him over his rum choice whether he chose brown or white

Aurelia knew Alfie was meeting with Thomas today and that her dear brother would try and scare Thomas away and possibly test him over his rum choice whether he chose brown or white. She couldn't focus on that now though she could only hope that if Thomas came by he wasn't bruised, bloody, and with bullets in his body due to Alfie. She sat in her pant suit at the table closest to the stage as the band showed her some new song to see what she approved of. She had her hair in a bun at the nape of her neck a few pieces framing her face and a few buttons undone at the top of her tucked in white blouse her suit was a light grey but she had put the jacket on the back of her chair and rolled up her sleeves her black heels stayed on her feet as she had them crossed on the table in front of her enjoying the music while her girls and security danced along, their reactions being part of her decision on if she liked what they were playing or not.

"I like this one, Ricardo!' She shouted over the music giving a nod of approval, Ricardo winked at her in response which made her roll her eyes with a smile. Ricardo and her use to have a thing once upon a time, it was nothing serious, but it helped her through a lot of things the biggest being her fear of having sex. After everything her husband took from her, she wanted to get some things back and the ability to enjoy sex was something she eventually got back, and Ricardo had a feeling of what happened to her and helped her through it without bringing it up. Now though, Ricardo is happily married and doesn't even see Aurelia in a sexual way anymore. They were simply a phase, and they were more than okay with that. Dorothy had moved from the dance floor and sat next to Aurelia huffing for air. "I think this one will be amazing tonight, Angel. Everyone will be dancing to it I know they will." She says drinking the glass of water that was on the table.

"Seems I've interrupted a party." Thomas' deep rasped voice shouts over the ending of the song. Aurelia turns her head in his direction to see him clearly in pain, his right eye red and traces of blood round his nostril. She gasped from the sight and immediately she wonders if this was all Alfie. "Ai dios mio, Thomas! (Oh my god, Thomas!) Did Alfie do this to you?" Before he could answer she was shouting over at James to bring her ice, a clean cloth and a bottle of rum. "Aurelia it's fi-" Thomas was cut off by her telling one of his own men to get her aid kit. "Aurelia-" He tries to interrupt again. "Oh, shut up Thomas you look like you can barely talk without wincing." She said, it reminded him of his mother and Pol how she was fussing at the moment, and he wanted to laugh. The bucket of ice, the cloth and vodka were brought over, and Aurelia urged Thomas to sit (which he didn't) while a medical bag was placed along with it. "You a fucking doctor too?" Thomas mocks gaining a look from Aurelia that conveyed she didn't find the situation funny. She opened the medical bag and in it was a few normal things: bandages, needles, even that tool they use to take out bullets. This kit also had some dry herbs, a bowl, a few other jars of oils and things he was curious about, but he wanted to see what she would do. "Any allergies, Thomas?" She asked rummaging through the bag taking a few things out, he shook his head that conveyed he had no allergies. She nodded and looked at those around them watching the two interact like they were at the pictures. "You're all dismissed I'll tend to Mr. Shelby. Ricardo! That's all for now stick to what I've approved today and what I've already approved!" Once she was done her girls were shooing everyone away and going to their own room eager at the prospects of their boss and the gangster having more time together.