Chapter Eight

She looked like a queen on her throne, confident and powerful but fair

She looked like a queen on her throne, confident and powerful but fair. Thomas wasn't intimidated by the aura of her crown; no, he was fascinated in how it complimented her halo. "Well, Ms. Cruz, my brothers and I are expanding. Here. Figured some friends would be beneficial." He said, his cigarette bouncing as he talked with it in his mouth. Aurelia took a drag and smiled removing the cigarette from her mouth. Aurelia blew the smoke out through her nose as she skeptically observed the man. "You want to be my friend?" She asked pointing at the gangster with her cigarette. He nodded flicking some ash off his cigarettes end, blowing the smoke off to the side. "No, you don't." She claimed. "I don't?" Thomas asked with a raised brow. "No, so tell me what you really want or stop wasting my time." She said her voice not showing any aggression or annoyance. "I want to know about you, Aurelia. You've known my brother long enough to call him a friend, yet we only just heard of you. That tells me you have secrets. I don't like secrets." He admits taking another drag. "Is that cause you have so many or because the last person you let have secrets fucked you over with them?" She asked, and Thomas didn't like that she was reading him well. "I can assure you, Thomas, my secrets are purely mine and won't cause trouble for your family or your expansion to London." She said with a roll of her hazel eyes.

"See, I don't know you well enough to take your word for it." He says pointing the cigarette in his hand at her. "So, tell me. About you, about this." He waves the occupied hand around gesturing to the club around them. Aurelia sighs and sits up tapping some ash off and leaning back. "I'm Aurelia Cruz and this is my club." She replied wanting to irk him as much as he was irking her. "What's your second name?" He asked his expression not conveying any annoyance or amusement, as if this very conversation was business. "Why do you care to know?" She challenged him. "I don't care about anything, Ms. Cruz. I'm just curious." He answers his emotions still absent from his features.

"When will you big cats learn that curiosity is fatal?" She mused still avoiding questions. "When we no longer have the satisfactory of getting what we want to bring us back for more." He claimed, a smirk finally fighting through his ego. She let a chuckle escape her pillow-like plump red lips. She got up and walked around her desk before sitting on the edge of it her legs almost brushing against Thomas'. "If you want satisfactory, my girls are out there. It's one of many things I won't offer you, Thomas." She leaned close to him, her voice becoming low and almost sends a chill down the broken soldier's spine. "What will you offer me?" Their eyes made contacts and oceans never moved from the sand, the oceans pushed to try and reach deeper inland, but Aurelia only let Tommy's oceans reach the lines she long ago drew in her sands. "Connections. The people Sabini have for the booze in his clubs, they won't serve at a club ran by Blinders. But I know people more than willing to tell Sabini to go to hell and help you out." She said getting to actual business, the change in conversation surprises Tommy but he goes with it anyways.

"You heard about the Eden." He noted aloud. She grinned before getting up and walking around her room, around Thomas. She's comfortable and confident right now and while Thomas is used to him being the only one in the room with that persona, he couldn't help but bask in the way she owned her surroundings. "A few guests last night had asked if 'Those Peaky fuckers' were going to ruin The Haven as well. When I asked why they would think my dear friend Arthur would try to ruin my club, they told me that they came here from Sabini's and what happened." She explained before adding: "I know you won't try and take my club and I also know Sabini is an ass, so I don't feel too bad giving you a hand as long as you give me something in return." Now, Thomas was hooked. He gets up from his chair and walks to her, getting close so his voice doesn't have to travel much. "What is it you want?" He asked as his eyes of frozen over oceans once again met her sandy iris'; his oceans crashing on her shores washing up a glimmer on their man made beaches.