Chapter Fourteen

By the time they get to London Thomas will be able to walk a bit more normal and cover up the rest of the pain he's in much better than he is now

By the time they get to London Thomas will be able to walk a bit more normal and cover up the rest of the pain he's in much better than he is now. He will be absolutely crushed if anything has happened to Ada. She's fucking all alone in London raising Karl on her own, the thought of Darby's men hurting her drove him mad. He's her older brother, his job is to protect her it always has been since they were kids, and their pathetic fuck of a father was too useless to do anything. Ada needs someone out there, a friend even. He's sure she'd like Aurelia, a successful businesswoman, gentle and sweet but guarded and wicked when she needs to be. They'd get on well.

Thomas is right about that. Two days after the run in with Sabini's men Ada came by The Haven on her lunch, she wanted to thank Aurelia properly and make a new friend. She walked in and saw a group of men all sat facing Aurelia as she talked to them pacing back and forth while talking to them. Ada noticed that about half of the men were sporting peaked caps with razors and her stomach sank. She doesn't want Aurelia, or her sweet little girl involved with the likes of her family. "Thank you, lads. If you need anything, please let me know." Aurelia said dismissing the men and they all respectfully nodded their heads and went on to do their jobs.

"Ada! How are you, Princessa?" Aurelia asked when she saw her there. "Just fine, Ari. Where some of those men Blinders?" Ada asked hoping Aurelia wasn't already too deep. "Their caps give it away?" Aurelia joked seeing the tension rise in Ada's posture. "Relax, Ada. I know gangsters are dangerous, but I've had to deal with far worse than the leader of the Peaky Blinders besides the deal I have with him keeps him far from Marianna." Aurelia whispered to console the younger girl. She still doesn't know Ada's connection to Thomas and Ada almost want to plead to the universe that she won't find out before Ada is ready to tell her. "As long as you and the little darlin' are safe." Ada said.

"Aurelia! Do I wear the red dress with the red beads tonight or the black one with the gold detail on it?" A half-naked blonde woman, Lilian, shouted from a balcony above theme where there seemed to be rooms. "Red, Dorothy is wearing black." Aurelia answered as if half naked women roaming about was normal here, Ada didn't know that she was lucky Lilian wasn't fully naked. "Hello there love! She a new one, Miss Angel?" Lilian greets Ada before questioning Aurelia. "No, I think you girls are enough for now. This is Ada." Aurelia jokes. "Oh well nice to meet you dear!" Lilian said before walking back to her room.

"Who the bloody hell was that?" Ada asked in shock. "Lilian, she's one of my girls." Aurelia says bluntly, Ada still has a look of confusion on her face until Aurelia embellishes further. "Ada, this is a club and a brothel. I'm a Madame." Ada thought she'd be appalled at the thought of a brothel but the way Aurelia did business wasn't anything like a typical brothel aside from the obvious, prostitution and the secrecy of it, and after talking to Aurelia and seeing that she was a brilliant and sweet woman she understood why Lilian had called her Angel and how Aurelia could handle doing business with the likes of Thomas, but she still had a sinking feeling about Thomas' involvement in anything with Aurelia. The two became friends over lunch and Ada was able to tell Aurelia about her paranoia since the night they met. Aurelia sent Ada back to work with a loaded gun in her purse and a bit of confidence in her step.