nine

I'm not going anywhere

I'm not going anywhere. I thought to myself.

ChiChi was trying to convince everyone to go to Florida. In my opinion, it just wasn't the time for me to go on a little trip.

"Y'all don't think it would be fun, not to mention warm? Somebody coming with me, I ain't going alone." ChiChi pleaded.

"I have a shop to run. I'm staying right here." I told her.

She rolled her eyes at me before looking at Marcus and Syre.

"Boys?"

"I'm down for anything with you, beautiful." Marcus flirted as usual. He wouldn't give it up and ChiChi stuck her middle finger up at him, as expected.

"You're doing too much. Syre?"

"I'm not allowed to leave the state." He said with a shrug.

She pouted. "Fine, you and Misses Money Maker can stay here and freeze y'all asses off in brick dick Brooklyn. Alexis?"

"Oh I'm going." She said confidently.

I looked at her and crossed my arms. "And it better be the last trip you take. You're supposed to be getting ready to register for classes."

"I know MOM." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"Bitch...you might be 18, but don't make me beat you like you're 30."

Alexis laughed and I waved her off. I'm too young to be somebody's Mom. She better stop playing with me.

I reached for my water bottle that was sitting on Marcus's coffee table and sat back against the couch once I had it.

I loved water. Wasn't a thing greater on the planet.

"When do you plan to leave? I asked ChiChi.

"Friday, so let's end this little get together so we can pack. I'm already booking flights."

I laughed as ChiChi and Alexis got up and made a B-line for the door, shouting goodbyes at us without a second look back. Marcus got up and followed, deciding to walk them down to the lobby, leaving Syre and I alone in his apartment.

We sat in complete silence until Syre cleared his throat.

"Tryna smoke?" He asked me.

I looked over at him and gave him a small nod. He stood up from the couch and made his way toward the balcony.

I followed behind at my own pace, fixings my hoodie and thinking. I had so many thoughts running through my head.

Syre and I's relationship was weird. I don't even know if I could call it a "relationship".

I wasn't sure if we were friends. I mean....I slept in his bed and we ended up cuddling together.