ten

I really fucked with being in charge

I really fucked with being in charge. I didn't touch shit and I didn't really have to do shit. All I had to do was make sure everyone else stayed in line and did what I said.

And when they didn't, I got to let bullets fly.

I never saw myself in this position, to be honest I wasn't sure if I could handle it when it was first offered. Things had been going real smooth though, and I was getting used to it.

"Everything is accounted for. We split the baby, at the cleaners and the laundromat for washing." PK discussed with Ronnie while I kept myself occupied. "You know the code if something goes sideways."

"Yea, All day." Ronnie replied. "Bout that strip club, it's up for us."

"Word?" I asked.

"Yea, Duke wants to sell it out to pay his debt."

I shrugged. "Better for me. Another way to clean money."

"Facts." Ronnie said. "You want me to let him know that deal is good?"

"Nah, I'll deliver the message myself."

He gave me a nod and I leaned against my truck, watching the boys load the duffels into their cars.

"Can't believe you traded in the Mustang " Ronnie said pointing to my new truck and referring to my old car.

"Was time for something new. If anybody asks you, this shit was a gift."

We shared a laugh real quick before PK switched topics, interrupting us.

"Yo what's good witchu and babygirl from the beauty shop?"

Ronnie snapped his fingers and pointed at me. "I was gon ask the same shit."

"Who?" I asked even though I was pretty sure who he was talking about.

"The owner. Mama with the fat ass." He clarified.

I shook my head, unlocking my Bentley. "Ain't nun. Me and her are just homies."

"Y'all not fuckin?" Ronnie jumped in.

"Hell no." I screwed up my face at him. "The fuck you get that?"

"Y'all know y'all got this weird ass energy."

PK jumped in and shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't blame you if you were hitting it. Shit.....I would."

I tuned him out for a moment and pulled open the driver's side door. I wish folks would mind their business...

Ronnie shook his head. "Sybil is a bad one. If I wasn't already in a situation."

"We beef too much for allat." I shot both of their fantasies down quickly. "Barely last a day without wasn't to shake her till she have a fuckin seizure."