forty-five

Hearing the shower running, I woke up from my sleep and let out a yawn

Hearing the shower running, I woke up from my sleep and let out a yawn. My eyelids were heave and a second yawn left my lips as I sat up, stretching my arms above my head and glanced at the clock.

4:16am

Damn, it was early. I could hear shuffling and looked toward the bathroom. Pulling myself from bed, I trudged into the bathroom, seeing Syre peeling off his clothes.

"You're back." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

He looked aver at me, giving me a nod. "Ain't mean to wake you..."

"You smell like bleach."

He smirked, shaking his head. "My bad."

I watched him closely, rubbing my eyes again. Trying to wipe the grogginess away.

"So...."

"So what?" He asked flatly.

"Prince?"

"What about him?"

I scoffed. "Don't be smart Syre..."

"I told you not to worry about it."

"I'm always going to worry."

"It's no use worrying bout a nigga who ain't breathing." He said emotionlessly.

I tucked my bottom lip in and nodded my head. My silence caused him looked over at me, shaking hai head when he caught my expression.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"That." He pointed. "That shit you do. You make that face and it's like you being judgy about shit. Sybil you know what I do, you know exactly who I am and I ain't never lied to you about that shit. He had his chance, I let him off with a warning before tonight. Warning expired..."

"I just....don't wanna think about that side of you."

"Then don't think about it. Baby, do whatever you gotta do to keep the image you have of me intact? Don't think about what I'm doing out there. Worry about what I'm doing in here, right here with you."

"And what if it comes back to bite you in the ass? Ya know? I could give a shit about the drugs...murder is something different."

He sighed, leaning against the sink. "Whatchu want me to do, huh? Promise you that shit is gon normal? Tell you I will never get caught? I can't, I don't know that... But you can trust me when I say, that I'm doing shit discreetly and as best I can so I don't get caught up?"

I rocked back and forth on my bare heels and sighed.

"You wanted to be with me Sib, after elbowing the truth, and I want to be with you. This comes with the territory, if it's too much for you—"