six

Following behind Alexis, Sybil kept her arms crossed over her chest while they walked through the cemetery

"Thanks for bringing me." Alexis spoke out to Sybil.

"No problem."

She watched Alexis walk through the snowy wet grass stopping at a headstone, flowers in hand. She crouched down, balancing on her toes and laid the flowers on top.

"Miss you."

Sybil stood behind her, giving her silent companionship. Alexis stood to her feet and fixed her hand in her pockets.

"She's not really in there you know. The fire did too much damage so this is just like...an empty tribute."

"What happened? Weren't you in the house too?" Sybil inquired.

"Yea, I was able to call 911 and I got out okay. Aside from some smoke inhalation." She couldve said more, but the real story was even worse. "It's really....difficult to explain."

Sybil frowned. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright."

Hearing a car behind them, they both turned around. Surprised to see Syre climbing out of his black BMW.

Alexis shook her head and scolded him. "You shouldn't be here."

"I'll go where the fuck I want." He got closer and grumbled before walking past both of them.

Marcus let it slip that Alexis was going to visit Shannon's gravesite and Syre wanted to do the same. For a completely different reason.

He was hoping she'd be gone by the time he got there, but either he was early or they were late because on his drive in, he saw Alexis & Sybil walking through.

He stepped in front of the headstone and looked down at it. His face filled with disgust and he crouched down.

"I hate you." He whispered into the wind. Making sure neither Sybil or Alexis heard him.

He read the writing in the stone and laughed in disbelief.

"Loving and doting mother? Yea, my ass." He scoffed as he stood back up.

Alexis shook her head. "Why do you always do this?"

"Alexis shut up...you barely knew the bitch." He spoke, grabbing the blunt that sat behind his ear. "The real her, you don't know that. So don't ask me about the shit I do."

Alexis knew Syre hated her, but she still craved his attention and his love. Not that he would give her either.

Syre couldn't help but hate Alexis. She didn't know the horrors that occurred for her to even be standing in front of him breathing right now and every second he was around her, it only reminded of that time in his life where he was defenseless.