fifteen

I couldn't stop reliving the talk I had with Syre

I couldn't stop reliving the talk I had with Syre. Thinking about what I had learned, he dropped an enormous bomb on me and then the truth finally clicked.

I couldn't believe it...or at the very least I didn't want to but the more I thought it over the more everything made sense.

So here I was sitting in the cemetery in the middle of a thunderstorm, staring down at this woman's headstone. Feeling beyond betrayed.

My whole life has been one big lie. The breath in my lungs, only possible because Syre was taken advantage of.

"You tortured him his whole life and you lied to me about it. You lied to me about who I was. Who knows what else you lied about..." I said out loud as if I was being heard.

Thunder rumbled above me as it began to rain, reverting my straight hair back to its messy curls as the raindrops hit my head. I didn't bother pulling my hood up.

"Made me believe you were a good mother. A good person. I swear if you were alive right now, I'd kill you myself."

Lightning cracked above and I jumped at the sound. Standing up and I laughed, picking up the sledgehammer I had dragged with me to the cemetery

"You don't deserve this memorial."

Lifting it, I swung it smack center against the headstone, sending a crack up the middle.

"Loving and Doting." I laughed to myself. "What a load of bullshit."

I swung again from above, taking a chunk out of the corner. I couldn't contain my tears and I swung again. I kept going until tears blurred my vision and I was sure the headstone was pure rubble in front of me.

I heard footsteps behind me but I ignored them, I just kept letting out my anger.

"Yo what the fuck!?"

Ignoring what was cleaning Syre's voice behind me, I dropped the sledgehammer and started kicking the rocks out of my way.

Syre snatched me up quick and lifted me off of my feet.

"Get off of me!"

He carried me away from the site and set me down out of the grass.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Getting rid of this fake shit." I tried to push past him and he snatched me up again.

"Nah....we gotta get you outta here before the police show up and arrest yo ass.

"Let them."

"You'on want that. Trust me. Prison ain't fun." I looked up at Syre, raindrops running down his face.

"She deserved this. She deserved to die." I said quietly.