thirteen

TV-MA

"I wouldn't go back there, he's in a bad mood

"I wouldn't go back there, he's in a bad mood." Marcus warned Sybil after she pulled up to his apartment, asking where Sire was.

She had been trying to get in touch with him all day but he wasn't answering her calls, or responding to texts. She wasn't mad, just worried about him. She still didn't know anything about his troubles but she knew he was just that. Troubled.

Nobody has panic attacks and nightmares for no reason. She just didn't like the thought of him being by himself if he was upset.

"He in my guest room, showed up pissed off. I'd think it's best you leave him alone. He ain't the best to be around when he's like this."

Sybil frowned and placed her purse and coat on Marcus' couch. She looked down the hall and sighed to herself.

"I'm still gonna go check on him." She said confidently.

Marcus shrugged. "Your funeral."

She waved him off and made her way down the hall. Nearing the closed door, she leaned against it hesitantly, trying to see if she could hear any movement.

Taking a deep breath, she stood back up straight and knocked against the wood lightly.

Waiting for an answer, she looked back toward the living room at Marcus who was standing there watching her.

"I'm finna go to the store." He said. "I don't wanna be here for any of this."

She gave him a nod and knocked on the door again as Marcus made his exit.

Syre heard the knocks and glared at the door as he sat in the dark. Ain't no way Marcus was bothering him, he knew better. If it was him, he was begging to get fucked up.

Syre got up quickly, getting fed up with whoever was on the other side of that door. He swung the door open angrily, everything coming to a halt when he saw Sybil standing there.

She looked up at him and her face filled with worry. The expression on his face showed an anger she had never seen before.

"What do you want?" He questioned as he flicked the light switch on.

"I was just trying to check on you."

"I'm good." He proceeded to shut the door in her face but Sybil placed her hand up to stop it.

"Don't be rude."

He scoffed. "Back the fuck up bruh, I'm not in the mood."

Sybil was taken aback. "Really?"

"Really." He said seriously.

She laughed. "No."

He looked at her like she was crazy. "No?"