twenty-seven

"What's that?"

"What's that?"

I hadn't even begun to climb back into ChiChi's massive ass truck before she was trying to lean over and look into my Walgreens bag.

"Business. Get you some."

"You're my business. Duh."

"It's my prescription you nosy bitch."

She held her chest playfully and leaned away from me. "Bitch you sick?" She covered her mouth and I sucked my teeth.

"Bitch no!" I said before pulling my seatbelt on wagged my finger at her. "It's birth control if you MUST know."

She gasped, dropping her hand and looking at me with wide eyes. "Oh you nasty." She pressed her push to start and the engine turned over loudly. "You be letting that man shoot yo club up like a drive by?"

"Oh my goodness, no." I laughed at her. "We just slipped up and had sex a couple times with no hat and....that shit was too good! Now whenever I see a condom I be upset." I confessed.

She laughed at me as she put the truck in drive and proceeded to pull out of the parking spot. "I can't fuckin stand you."

"I'm so serious. That skin to skin just....hits different. And I've been on the pill before so I said fuck it, ima go back, I'm not saying I plan to always have unprotected sex with him but if we do...at least I don't have to worry about no surprises with heartbeats."

"Surprised with heartbeats is crazzzzy."

I laughed and set my bag between my feet.

"Did you tell him you were going on contraceptives?"

"Nah, but when I don't panic when he nuts in me....he'll be suspicious."

"You are a nasty bitch. I swear."

I shrugged. "Whatever. This isn't about me, it's about you!"

"What did I do?" She asked in confusion as she kept her eyes on the road.

Pulling up to a red light, she made a soft stop and turned her head to me.

"I heard you let Marcus take you out on a date."

She smirked before playfully rolling her eyes. "Maybe I did."

"And you didn't tell me anything about it. Rude. So, you're finally gonna give him a chance?"

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Marcus is cool, he's sweet. He's sexy and I love him to bits as my best friend. I know people are always like when your best friend is your partner it's great Meh! But what if something goes wrong and then I lose my friend?" She said with a frown.