twenty

TV-MA

"So what you doing for Sib next week?"

Glancing over at Prince, Syre rose his brow in confusion.

The fuck is next week?

"For?"

Ron laughed. "Bro, ain't that your lady?"

"Sum like that. We ain't putting nothing on it." Syre said ambivalent tone. "Shit is what it is."

"Well, regardless, you fuckin her now and next week is Valentines Day, I'm sure shawty gonna be expecting something." Prince said.

"Right, flowers and shit." Ron followed along in agreement.

"Flowers? For what?" Syre questioned with a shrug of his shoulder.

He never had any reason to participate in those festivities, shit he barely celebrated birthdays of the women he slept with. Buying flowers and doing sentimental things was never his M.O. Especially not to someone who didn't have a title.

Then again, even though she didn't have a title....Sybil wasn't like those women.

"Have even take shawty out yet?" Ron asked.

"Out to do what nigga?"

"On a date bro. Ya Game is lacking." He shook his head. "You gotta get right nigga."

"We chill in the crib damn near 24/7, she see me everyday, she live right across the hall. Ain't no need for us to be out."

"Yea and that's cool and all, y'all doing that quality time. But women like to be taken out sometimes, shows effort." Prince said, taking a pull from his blunt before exhaling and pointing at Syre. "I'm telling you, take her to a lil restaurant or sum. It would make her happy."

"Buy her ass flowers and chocolate, shit maybe a teddy bear." Ron added.

"All that shit sounds unnecessary as fuck. I ain't do none of that shit to get her." Syre battled.

Ron shook his head. "And you ain't gon keep her with that attitude fosho."

Syre rolled his eyes and stopped counting the bands of money in his hand.

"When she mad at you and not returning your calls, don't say we ain't tell you." Ron continued.

Syre sighed and scratched his beard. Was Valentines Day that serious? His boys had his head doing circles now, he didn't wanna risk upsetting Sybil, he had seen what that was like. All those damn tears.

Even if he did think it was pointless, maybe getting her something was worth it.

"It's just about showing appreciation." Prince said with a shrug.