thirty-four

It was Saturday morning, I wasn't sure if Sybil was going into the shop today or not but at the moment she was sound asleep

It was Saturday morning, I wasn't sure if Sybil was going into the shop today or not but at the moment she was sound asleep. Just like I left her when I left out for the warehouse around 6.

I placed my phone back on the nightstand and leaned over to kiss her forehead, fixing the cover over her before I made my way into the bathroom to shower.

For the moment, I was still in business with Jacob but as far as I was concerned...that partnership was temporary.

I made myself extra clear with him when I said I didn't want any business with the heat face to face. If he wanted to push his cut out to them niggas he could do whatever he wanted. Just leave me out of it.

I got out of my clothes quickly and stepped into the shower, the water already hot from the couple minutes it had been on. I couldn't start my day properly if I didn't shower in the morning. Something about it just wakes me up fully.

I don't even think I was in there that long before I heard the door open and felt Sybil's hands against my back.

"Who invited you?" I said, running my hand over my face.

"I don't need invitation."

I turned around to face her and she smiled up at me.

"Morning."

"Morning." She licked over her lips and I shook my head.

"You a freak."

She laughed and skills stepped around me and under the shower head. " I can't help it, you just....look so good all the time."

I watched her as she let the water run over her hair. To be honest, I was admiring her. I couldn't help but to take in every little detail of her body. I found myself beyond lucky to even be in her presence. Her being around, her being with me...it wasn't something I took lightly.

I constantly wanted to show my affection to her, out of the emotions I felt but also out of fear. Fear I wasn't proving enough, showing how much she meant to me.

My therapist said that people who lacked receiving things like attention or love as children, end up giving the most to people when they become adults.

I thought it was on the nose for me because it was exactly how I showed my feelings. It's why she was always telling me to stop buying her things but giving was just my way of confirming her on where she stood with me. Doing anything for her, being anyone she needed me to be...showed I loved her.

At least I think it showed that...

I didn't know if what I felt for Sybil even was love. It scared me to even think about. I didn't understand love...not really. Not like this. I just knew I wanted to be with her, I wanted to protect her, support her. The way I felt right now was that there would never be anyone after her. All I saw was her.