thirty-three

Sitting in the office of the club, Syre stared at Jacob blankly

Sitting in the office of the club, Syre stared at Jacob blankly. He was trying to read him, gain an understanding of the man who had weaseled his way into business. He didn't like how he just showed up, he didn't like that he was sticking his nose where it wasn't invited and he absolutely didn't like that he knew his first name without him telling it.

From what Prince was able to dig up, Jacob was everything he said he was. Syre just didn't buy it. No matter what business may begin between them, he was always going to have doubts. Alliances were built on trust and Syre wasn't certain Jacob was worthy of that trust.

"I know you did your research." Jacob said with a smirk.

"Had to." Syre spoke. "You did yours."

Jacob was legit...so he seemed. That wasn't entirely the problem. Jacob was in fact an arms dealer, he also dabbled in weight like he claimed beforehand. He was even moving product out in Staten Island, which in hindsight could be good for Syre. New territory.

The problem was his consumers. It seemed as Jacob packed out plenty Cops as well as some F.B.I agents.

"You aren't excited?" Jacob questioned, seeing the look on Syre's face.

"I wanna stay away from the heat, not hand deliver them product."

"I flipped you double what you expected. You can't deny that." He said referring to Benny's shipment. One he had cleaned out almost effortlessly.

"That's all sweet homie, but ion know if I can take that risk."

"I know....you just got out of prison—"

"Right, and I have no intention on going back. You're in a spot that if you get pinched, you got people working inside that will waste no time getting you out. That's a perk for you."

"A perk that I would share with you as an associate. They're in my pocket and they can be in yours."

"That's a different game man. One I ain't to sure I wanna sign up for." Syre shook his head.

Jacob nodded, raising his hands in defense. "I get it. You have more things to worry about now, it's not just you anymore."

Tilting his head in confusion, Syre sat up and leaned forward. "The fuck does that mean?"

"It means.....you're beginning to have those thoughts. Thoughts about protecting what you love. Your girlfriend, you don't want her caught in the cross. So you're taking precautions."

Syre rolled his eyes. People have always been nosy, especially when there was business involved but he felt like Jacob was overstepping his little research boundaries.

"It's gon do you real well, not to speak on her." He said sternly, an icy intimidation in his stare.

"My apologies." He paused, sitting up. "Listen, if time comes you change your mind, you will know how to reach me. If you want out when the time comes, someone else will take the brunt."