Karuizawa Kei's Soliloquy

(AN: Above picture is Manga version of Kei's vol.4 illustration)

3rd Person POV:

Horikita: "It's Kushida-san."

The entire hall went silent as their suspicions were confirmed. A few students who shared their secrets with Kushida had frightened look.

Mii-chan: "Is it true, Chronos?"

Chronos: "Ask the candidate herself,"

Kushida's group turned to her with hesitation, while she had frown on her face.

Kushida: "Yeah, it's true. Got any problem with that?"

Kushida's friends just looked down in sadness as they didn't know what to say. Ike and his fellow admirers of Kushida still couldn't believe the reality.

Chronos: "Now, let's move to another reveal."

Hashimoto: "Who is it now?"

Chronos: "This person played the most important part in taking down Ryuen..."

Ryuen: "Kukuku, you say some interesting things..."

Kiyotaka: 'most important person huh, looks like Kei's past is going to be revealed' he thought while glancing at Kei, 'and she doesn't know that, maybe I can know how she got that scar...'

Chronos: "Let's start!"

???'s POV:

In the end, nothing changed even after I came to this school. No, that's wrong... Maybe I never had any intention of changing. For better or worse, it's always been the same for me. After all, I understand myself better than anyone else.

Kei flinched in surprise hearing those eerily similar words, she turned towards Kiyotaka with small tears in her eyes, while he just patted her back.

Kiyotaka: "Just face it Kei. I'm sure your friends won't do anything to you. See this in a positive way, with this you can see who are genuine friends to you and who are not."

Kei nods in understanding with a small smile,

I know everything about myself, including my strengths and weaknesses. I know that none of the boys or girls like me. Even knowing that, I've never thought to change.

But it doesn't matter. It doesn't hurt me anymore. Because for some reason, I want them to feel that way.

Kiyotaka: 'Kei and I more similar than I thought. She knows what she's doing is wrong and still doesn't plan on changing. Then there is me, I know my way of thinking won't be accepted in outside world, I know how defective I am, but the question is... do I want to change?'

Sato: "So, this is a girl or a boy?"

Chiaki: "I don't know, what do you think, Kei-chan?"

Kei did not respond but just kept staring at the screen while slightly trembling,

Chiaki: "Kei-chan...?"

Chiaki: 'Something is wrong with her...'

As I got out of the shower, I stood and looked at myself in the mirror—completely naked, drops of water trickling down my skin.

There was a momentary silence in the entire hall because of the reveal, some boys are disappointed that her body is censored. The girls didn't know what to say. Chronos continues the video seeing that no one is talking...

Hirata looked at Karuizawa in concern, but saw Kiyotaka calming her down. Hirata smiled and turned his attention towards the video.

How many times had I thought about smashing the mirror to pieces? Every time I saw that old

wound on my side, it was like diving back into my disgusting past.

Dizzy and nauseated, I gripped the sink and vomited.

Everyone understood the gravity of the situation, expect one....

Ryuen: "Kukuku, so you are the most important person in his plan huh,"

Meanwhile, Manabe and her friends are smirking thinking about cruise ship, however they don't know what's about to come to them...

Chiaki: 'This is more serious than I thought, I mean just thinking about her past caused her to throw up. From her words, she knows that most of the students hate her for the way she acts but still doesn't plan on changing... why? Why keep that tough act? And also, that scar...'

Sato: "Kei-chan..."

Kei turned towards her friend thinking she must be disgusted seeing her scar...

Sato: "Are you some kind of fighter or something...?"

Chiaki/Kiyotaka/Kei: "Eh?"

The three of them are totally confused at her question,

Kiyotaka: 'wait! Sato must have thought Kei got her scar from a fight or something...'

Kei: "No, Maya-chan..."

Why did I have to have to go through such an awful experience? Why do I have to suffer like this? Why, why, why? I've asked that question for a long time now. Words don't mean anything. The past can't change. No one can change it. God is cruel. My life was destroyed because of that nightmarish day. I lost my youth, my friends, and even myself.

Chiaki: "Kei-chan, I'm curious but I won't pressure you asking what happened, we have been friends for just a few months. But I just want to tell you that we are here to hear you out anytime. You can tell when you trust us completely or it's fine if you don't want to share it too." Chiaki said with an assuring smile while patting Kei's back.

Sato: "Yeah! Just what she said"

Chiaki: "Also Maya-chan, fighter? Seriously?"

Sato: "What? It's just a random guess..."

Kei chuckled, but as she was about respond to her friends, someone interrupted,

Shinohara: "Matsushita-san, are you saying she doesn't trust us? We are her friends right!"

Chiaki: 'Bitch' "Like I said Shinohara-san, we have been friends for just few months. It's completely fair she doesn't trust us, and from the video we can tell it's not an easy thing to share with anyone. You must be some kind off idiot if you share all your life with a person whom you met few months ago."

Kushida chuckled hearing Matsushita's words,

Kushida: "Oh trust me Matsushita, there are so many idiots in this class..." Kushida said while looking at those girls who shared their secrets with her.

Arisu: "Fufufu, do you know Karuizawa's secret, Kushida-san?"

Small smirk formed on Kei's face feeling proud of herself for not falling for Kushida's act...

Kushida: "I tried but no, that bitch is hard, same goes for Matsushita..." Kushida said with frown

Kei: "Thank you for understanding, Chiaki-chan, Maya-chan."

Chiaki and Maya smiled while nodding at her.

I have to fix that mistake. No matter how much people hate me, it'll be better than suffering like that again. I don't need youth. I don't need friends. The most important thing is protecting myself. I'll do whatever it takes. I'm a parasite, a weak creature that can't survive on its own.

Kiyotaka: 'protecting myself huh,'

Chiaki: 'Protecting myself...? Parasite...?'

Chronos: "Next video, let's see KiyoKei's first meeting..."

KiyoKei: 'Shit!!'

Sato: "KiyoKei? That's a nice name, haha"

Chiaki: "Yeah... haha!"

Author Notes: 

Stalker-chan is soo mature!! 

I know this is a small chapter, but you know what the next video is going to be. Look forward for that! 

Imouto signing off!! 

Published: 28th June 2023