Chapter 27: Orphan Princess

Penelope's pov

I remembered when it used to be me and mother, back in the previous world I lived.

You know my story and my name, don't you?

Penelope, the common born girl who used to live a normal and simple life with my mother.

My father was a foreigner from the Eastern countries across the sea and he passed away when I was very young which around that time, it was just me and mother as we lived together.

My mother was merchant, not most wealthiest one, of course but she did helped out of people from the common society as I remembered, she loved flowers, especially roses.

She taught me about how plants worked to make herbs and more things with this medical science that she learned from her grandfather along with the food and clothing.

We would've became famous and of course, helping people since that what she wanted to do and explore the world.

I wanna to see the world but yet, the worst moment of my life happened.

My mother got sicked...no cursed, she got cursed by someone. I know it since all the medicine and herbs we used to help others worked but except for her.

I felt it.

She died when I was 12 years old and then, I was left homeless and living in the poorest slum.

I did my best to survive as using the knowledge my mother gifted to me, even I keep some of her notes if one day, I became a grew up and become an merchant, I will make sure those poor people living in the same hellish slum didn't suffer this kind of hell.

But then one day, a gentleman of a high noble birth came to my life.

The Duke Eckhart, I heard he was most wealthiest among the nobles in the empire and of course, he was a Duke who are highest title of the nobles

He suddenly asked me if I wanted to go with him as his adoptive daughter which at first, I was shocked and I thought he lost his mind since all nobles are arrogant people corrected by my mother.

But he looked so heartbroken with sad eyes like if he lost someone.

I guess I pitied him for that due to my upbringing and I took him and accepted to be his daughter out of compassion.

I thought my life was going to be better and I thought after that, I would repay him after I became the most famous merchant in Eorka Empire for his goodwill since I heard his wife passed away.